Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · can you set ttl-fp on Nikon SB 910 off-camera?

friscoron
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · can you set ttl-fp on Nikon SB 910 off-camera?

Obviously, I know you can do it on-camera, and I know you can do it off-camera using the Pocket Wizards, but wondering if I can do it off-camera using my Alienbee transmitter and receivers? I can't get the SB-910 to switch to TTL-FP.

Can I use the SB900 as a commander to fire the SB910 remotely in TTL-FP? I shoot with a D4.

Thanks,
Ron

May 16, 2013 at 08:51 PM
friscoron
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · can you set ttl-fp on Nikon SB 910 off-camera?

Just found out from PCB that I can't use the Alienbee trigger to shoot in TTL-FP. That's it? I have to buy Pocket Wizards?

May 16, 2013 at 09:03 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · can you set ttl-fp on Nikon SB 910 off-camera?

friscoron wrote:
...wondering if I can do it off-camera using my Alienbee transmitter and receivers?

As you found, no, the AB CyberSyncs can't do it; it requires a Nikon-dedicated system like the Pocket Wizard ControlTL units or (I think) the new Yongnuo YN-622N.

friscoron wrote:
...Can I use the SB900 as a commander to fire the SB910 remotely in TTL-FP?

Yes, or an SU-800 Commander. Because that method is optically-based rather than radio-based, you'll have the usual line-of-site and bright ambient issues, but it many situations it works well.

May 17, 2013 at 03:40 AM
basehorhonda
• •
p.1 #4 · can you set ttl-fp on Nikon SB 910 off-camera?

radio poppers will also let you use ttl. you just have to buy the system that matches your nikon or canon system.

May 17, 2013 at 07:28 PM
CurtB

p.1 #5 · can you set ttl-fp on Nikon SB 910 off-camera?

Yongnuo 622n are just released for Nikon .
Check the youtube tutorials. they are very similar to canon and you can ttl, use the 622n,s for control. anyway check out the Yongnuo 622n,s .I Just ordered a set they are supposed to arrive on the 23rd, I'll post my personal findings after I get them.Hope this helps

May 19, 2013 at 02:58 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password