Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Curious to know what you think

AgentM
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Curious to know what you think

Hi guys,

I've been doing weddings for nearly 8 years now. I have seen my work improved over
the years - but I am very curious to know what other professionals, like yourself, think.

I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

My blog can be found here:

http://www.henkprinsloo.com/blog/

THANKS!
Henk

May 16, 2013 at 03:04 PM
Tim Wild
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Curious to know what you think

Very nice work. Not up there with Yervant and such, but definitely nice work that many couples would like.

I think your post processing needs work. I saw multiple images where dresses were blown out but could've be recovered using RAW quite easily, and some overexposed photos.

Personally I wouldn't contact you if I was a potential customer, as there are no prices or indications of price on your website, at least none I could see. My generation (i'm 35 ish) and younger expect that, and not having them makes it too hard given the hundreds of photographers available. Websites should present an offer, "I'll do this for you, for this much money", or at least a starting price. Make it easy for people to get information and book you, not difficult. I did hire a wedding photographer recently, for my upcoming wedding, I didn't bother to contact photographers who didn't have prices online.

May 16, 2013 at 03:37 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Curious to know what you think

The photography's better than average, for sure. The processing needs TLC & consistency. The site needs a lot of work. Too many paths will just lead potential clients to move on. Much of what was said above, I agree with.

May 16, 2013 at 03:50 PM
AgentM
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Curious to know what you think

I am not sure I understand some of the below comments. What does TLC stand for

Then what specific is 'wrong' with the site that asks for a lot of work to be done on it??
The site is a pro-photo blog and I thought it was presenting my work well.

I also dont understand what you mean with "too many paths will lead clients to move on"...what
paths are you talking about?

Thanks anyway.

amonline wrote:
The photography's better than average, for sure. The processing needs TLC & consistency. The site needs a lot of work. Too many paths will just lead potential clients to move on. Much of what was said above, I agree with.

May 16, 2013 at 07:05 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Curious to know what you think

"Tender Lovin' Care".

I went to categories, and there are over a dozen links to different weddings. Why not have them all in ONE place. No body wants to click to find out there's only one wedding posted as an excerpt, only to have to back out and hunt for more... and then have to do it all over again... and again. Your other menu items are similar. Cull it down to a simple system for the visitor. If I were looking for a photographer, I would probably only make it two clicks into your site before moving on. The bigger issue for me was having to wait a couple of minutes for the first page to load.

May 16, 2013 at 07:11 PM
AgentM
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Curious to know what you think

OK I will rethink the top menu and maybe eliminate some of it. I will also consider adding an
'investment' section that show my starting prices.
I do not want to show my complete package pricing.

May 16, 2013 at 07:18 PM
AgentM
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Curious to know what you think

I see that you are in St Augustine. I have done a view weddings there in recent years.
I am in Melbourne Florida I absolutely love St Augustine.

amonline wrote:
"Tender Lovin' Care".

I went to categories, and there are over a dozen links to different weddings. Why not have them all in ONE place. No body wants to click to find out there's only one wedding posted as an excerpt, only to have to back out and hunt for more... and then have to do it all over again... and again. Your other menu items are similar. Cull it down to a simple system for the visitor. If I were looking for a photographer, I would probably only make it two clicks into your site before moving on.
...Show more

May 16, 2013 at 07:20 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Curious to know what you think

Yea, St. Augustine is a really great place for capturing unique weddings, but I have my share of hurdles as well. I had to perfect weeding out all the, "I only need a few hours." inquiries to keep from going insane. lol

May 16, 2013 at 07:23 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.