Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Bowen Travelpak Issue

cagester

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bowen Travelpak Issue

Hi

I had purchased a Bowens Travel Pak for my two bowen 500W Gemini last year. Yesterday while shooting i had to switch the power source from the power pack to A/c and while trying to do it quickly, i accidentally put both the powers in on one light. Although the power of the battery pack was off but it tripped the entire electricity of the house.

Unfortunately after that, my power pack isnt working. When i turn it on, it turns on for like a second and then loses its power. Now i bought the travel pak from B&H in the US and i currently reside in Karachi, Pakistan . I read the manual (unfortunately AFTER the incident) and it said never to do put both powers together. If its a fuse that is busted, can i replace is myself?. Does anyone know where i can find technical manuals for these things so that i can solve the problem locally since i dont plan on visiting the US anytime soon and it would take very long to get this fixed.

May 16, 2013 at 01:52 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bowen Travelpak Issue

I would advise you to call Calumet here in the US at 1800-462-2550, or Bowens in the UK at (01255) 422807. The Travel Pak fuse is replaceable; my owner's manual doesn't specify what the part is. But I'm sure the folks listed here can help you.

May 17, 2013 at 03:55 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password