New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Website Help

danb121
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Website Help

Hi All

So I've been meaning to setup a website for some time now but I keep putting it off, but I've decided that the time has come to get cracking.

My knowledge of HTML and websites is very limited so I've been looking at sites like clikpic and photium to get this going. I have a "flickr" account which is fine and I get contacted from time to time via flickr with people wanting to use my work, anyway I was thinking that using a website would be more personal and individual compared to Flickr (which I still plan on using)?

I don't need anything flash... I'm of the opinion that clean and simple from a minimalist POV is better... I'm not looking at selling my photos from the website either it would be a more individual way of presenting my work?

Do you guys and gals have any tips and advice, I have a couple of domain names in mind which are available so I guess that's the first hurdle

Dan

May 13, 2013 at 04:02 PM
PhotoMaximum
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Website Help

Are you planning to do all this yourself or are you willing to pay someone to do this for you?

There are many, many options. Using a modern CMS (content management system) will allow you to deploy a design theme that might have been used by countless others or go with a completely custom design. Adding style sheets, gallery system, blogging tools, page creation tools and a secure contact form are other pieces of the puzzle.

Lots to think about. PM me if you want to entertain getting some paid help. I do this kind of thing on the side...

May 13, 2013 at 08:44 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.