Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Diffuser/scrim for product shots

24Peter
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Diffuser/scrim for product shots

Peter Belanger describes shooting product shots for Apple here

My question is, near the beginning of the video he sets up a diffuser/scrim with a white frame between his key light and the product. Can anyone identify this? The reason I am interested in a white frame is the ones I've seen have black or aluminum frames which often ends up reflecting off the product surface.

May 09, 2013 at 02:29 AM
John Skinner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Diffuser/scrim for product shots

It looks as though it's just a small diameter PC frame with velcro edges to which he's attached the scrim material to it with the same. 6 dollar & 20 minute project.

A little over-kill with that camera stand !

May 09, 2013 at 06:37 AM
10box

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Diffuser/scrim for product shots

Gel knife. http://www.filmandvideolighting.com/48gelfrknbla.html

May 09, 2013 at 12:38 PM
John Skinner
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Diffuser/scrim for product shots

The advantages of using small diameter PVC (remember this is for your studio work) is that you can create different sizes of this by just using the same type of diffusion material for color balance, and buy different lengths of PCV. I could make 4 or 5 of these of varying sizes for the cost of 1 of the store bought units. And you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart from 5' away. The point is, a tremendous amount of money can be saved by doing modifiers yourself.

May 10, 2013 at 03:49 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password