Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Different techniques for macro photography

kwoodard
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Different techniques for macro photography

I see that we have a sticky on setups, but I don't see anything on techniques. I thought we could maybe have a post for different techniques that we use for macro work, maybe including some of the challenges that are unique to macro work and how we overcome them. What do you all think? I know we have a large group of very talented folks here, so I think we could make a really nice repository of knowledge here.

My biggest hurdle was keeping things sharp and avoiding vertical blur. I was using a tripod and still was getting vertical blur. Took me a while to figure out what was happening. Two things were contributing to this blur. The first was the mirror flipping up/down in camera. There was enough force in the mechanism to cause a little blur. What compounded this was the tripod I was using wasn't strong enough to hold the camera still. What solved this issue for me was using a remote switch and mirror-lock up (I eventually got a stronger tripod/head that took care of this issue as well). The only downfall of MUp is that you cannot see what you are doing after you trip the shutter, so if you are working with a live subject, she might move on you.

May 08, 2013 at 07:13 PM
Julian Nell
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Different techniques for macro photography

I like this idea and hope it works out.

Julian

May 09, 2013 at 08:45 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Different techniques for macro photography

Feel free to post up any techniques you have. I would like to see this turn into a repository of knowledge specific to macro/micro photography.

May 09, 2013 at 09:11 PM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password