New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Need help - 1ds Mk 2 software

trev2401
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need help - 1ds Mk 2 software

My fellow FMers..

Recently fell in love with a 1dsmk2, moving away from the 5 series bodies... colours and detail plus the "feel" of the camera are just amazing.

Thanks to the amazing buy/sell forum here, i managed to pick up a body in mint condition, but minus the software.

Would anyone care to spare/sell the original software CD that came with the 1dsmk2? I tried checking canon's site, and they only have "updates" and not the original software for download.

I'd gladly buy the CD + pay for shipping if anyone has one to spare.

Alternatively, if anyone could help me out on how to access the personal functions like my older 1v HS with alternate software solutions, that would be great!

thanks for your time.
Trevor

May 07, 2013 at 08:24 PM
trev2401
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need help - 1ds Mk 2 software

Oh yes, just to add... i tried calling the chaps down at canon, and they had recently "run out" of the CDs for sale...

May 07, 2013 at 08:26 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need help - 1ds Mk 2 software

The 5D disc should work. Are you using the FireWire port?

EBH

May 07, 2013 at 08:40 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need help - 1ds Mk 2 software

I was looking for the same when pondering a 1D2N purchase, a Canon tech told me my CDs from my 40D
would work for the basic software, I could get the disks for $20 or that I could download just download the
specific bodies latest software from Canon's website.

Here's the link for the 1Ds2, enjoy your new toy

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/professional/professional_cameras/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_1ds_mark_ii#DriversAndSoftware

May 07, 2013 at 08:56 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need help - 1ds Mk 2 software

StillFingerz wrote:
Here's the link for the 1Ds2, enjoy your new toy

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/professional/professional_cameras/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_1ds_mark_ii#DriversAndSoftware

That's just the link for the latest Canon updates.

Trevor,

I cannot get to anything tonight, but send me a PM if you can't find the disc or software by tomorrow and I'll help you out. I have two 1Ds II in the box.

EBH

May 07, 2013 at 09:08 PM
_SBS_
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Need help - 1ds Mk 2 software

You have to access the personal funtions with the Eos utility on a XP windows machine thru firewire. Win 7 with XP mode does not work as firewire does not work in XP mode. You only need to turn on all the personal functions once to enable and disable them in the cameras menu.

http://www.cdifoto.com/dpp.php link to orignal dpp.

May 07, 2013 at 10:02 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Need help - 1ds Mk 2 software

EB-1 wrote:
That's just the link for the latest Canon updates.

Trevor,

I cannot get to anything tonight, but send me a PM if you can't find the disc or software by tomorrow and I'll help you out. I have two 1Ds II in the box.

EBH

Just to be precise, the link provided gets you to the 1Ds2's product page, in the drivers and software section you will find downloads for all the software/firmware/sdk you might need, these files date from 2004 thru 2013, some are indeed the latest versions; do note the list contains multiple versions of some products with each having a different release date.

This is a common practice for Canon, you just have to find, search for, the product page...

Jerry

May 08, 2013 at 12:53 AM
trev2401
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Need help - 1ds Mk 2 software

Dear all,
Thanks so much for all the help and pointers. This forum really Rocks!!!!

Just to double check, i had a similar issue with my 1d mk 1 classic, and basically, although canon's website provides you with the updates, etc, we still essentially require the original CD to install the base programs right? Please correct me if i'm wrong...

Thanks to all once again...

May 08, 2013 at 03:40 AM
AmIgone
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Need help - 1ds Mk 2 software

You do not need the original CD to install the updates from Canon’s web site. They are the full programs but they look for the registry entries to complete the install. There is a reg hack to add the entries so the updates will install. http://www.dfguo.com/?p=24 Also, like others have said, it needs to be win XP 32bit machine with firewire to access & change setting on the camera.

May 08, 2013 at 07:50 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Need help - 1ds Mk 2 software

I never found any of the 1Ds2 Personal Functions particularly interesting, so skipped trying to find an old XP machine to do only that. Otherwise, by "software" I suppose you mean Canon's Digital Solutions Disc? You can skip that too and develop RAW and JPG in Lightroom. I used to operate only in Canon's software, but now only use LR with minor supplement (for panos) in PSE 10. When LR incorporates composites and panos someday, that will be the only software I use.

May 08, 2013 at 09:09 AM
_SBS_
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Need help - 1ds Mk 2 software

If you are using an xp machine you may also need the WIA update found on Canons site under your model camera.

Fred posted a dl for the disk here https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1211236. BUT I am not sure if ther version works with XP or the 1Ds2.

May 08, 2013 at 11:28 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.