Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

matt4626
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

Is it still possible to upgrade to PS6? The option seems to be gone from the Adobe site?
If they did away with the upgrade path with out any notice they are really ....well better not say...

May 06, 2013 at 09:31 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #2 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

I've seen multiple editorials on financial websites saying that Adobe is still selling CS6, but haven't been able to find it on the Adobe website.

May 06, 2013 at 09:53 PM
matt4626
• • •
p.1 #3 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

I just called Adobe and you can still purchase/upgrade to CS6...by phone at least....

May 06, 2013 at 11:26 PM
ftemoto
• • •
p.1 #4 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

I literally upgraded to PS CS6 Saturday night (clean install for a new IMac)purchasing and downloading from the Adobe site. Good timing for once in my life.

May 07, 2013 at 05:17 AM
burningheart
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

matt4626 wrote:
Is it still possible to upgrade to PS6? The option seems to be gone from the Adobe site?
If they did away with the upgrade path with out any notice they are really ....well better not say...

They have hidden it well

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html?start=20

May 07, 2013 at 05:43 AM
SSISteve
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

burningheart wrote:
They have hidden it well

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html?start=20

I still can't find the upgrade option. I see where you can buy the whole shooting match but not the upgrade.

May 07, 2013 at 08:37 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

You must select Buy first then it brings up a list

I want to Buy :Full
I Own : Select Product
Platform: Mac
Language: English
Delivery: Download
Quantity :1

You can change each of them except Delivery by clicking the down arrow next to each. To get upgrade click the arrow beside Full. Be sure to select the right platform and Product You own.

May 07, 2013 at 08:45 PM
Mike Pearson
• •
p.1 #8 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

Two questions.

First, is PS6 stable? When it first came out some folks were complaining they had to enter their serial number just about every time they use it. Has that been fixed?

Second, when you download do you get a file you can save to reinstall if you change computers or have a crash?

I'm trying to decide if I want to do one last upgrade of PS and hope a clear path emerges before it no longer handles new cameras, or if my current PS5 with the install CD is my last PS.

May 08, 2013 at 04:12 AM
SSISteve
• • •
p.1 #9 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

burningheart wrote:

You can change each of them except Delivery by clicking the down arrow next to each. To get upgrade click the arrow beside Full. Be sure to select the right platform and Product You own.

Thanks, I found it.

Steve

May 09, 2013 at 04:25 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

burningheart wrote:

Is it buyable anywhere in a boxed version? (CS6 upgrade I mean) I can't find it. eBay doesn't even have it. What gives?

May 09, 2013 at 06:47 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

TheBearman
• •
p.1 #11 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

Tom K. wrote:
Is it buyable anywhere in a boxed version? (CS6 upgrade I mean) I can't find it. eBay doesn't even have it. What gives?

You might find a copy at some place like Best Buy, but I haven't found it anywhere online either.

May 09, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

TheBearman wrote:
You might find a copy at some place like Best Buy, but I haven't found it anywhere online either.

It literally don't exist.

Edited on May 09, 2013 at 03:48 PM · View previous versions

May 09, 2013 at 03:20 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

I don't think they've sold Photoshop 6 in over a decade. (Oh come on, someone had to say it).

Just being nitpicky...PS 6 was released in 2000 (and was my first version of Photoshop at home). I've been using PS since PS 4 in 1997, though. Man, I remember when Adjustment Layers and Editable Type were huge!

May 09, 2013 at 03:36 PM
CarlG
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

Dumbass question time - if I have an "upgrade" version of CS5 installed on my current iMac and the iMac craps out tomorrow, can I load this "upgrade" of CS5 on the new system and have it act like the full version? In other words, is the upgrade version a real, full version of the application, dependent upon your previous version's license key?

Just wondering in advance of issues down the road in light of this "cloud" scenario. If a new system purchase is needed down the road, I want to know if I can still use the CS5 disc on the new system, granted the OS supports CS5 at that time?

Thanks.

May 09, 2013 at 03:42 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

Tom K. wrote:

With version CS6 Adobe stated last year upgrades could only be purchased through them.

May 09, 2013 at 03:45 PM
burychka
• •
p.1 #16 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

I last saw full version of CS6 at B&H. I saw it yesterday for $590, today for $600...went up $10 at B&H overnight. For upgrade you have to call Adobe and listen to a pitch for their subscription.

As to ACR, Adobe has always abandoned new cameras on discontinued versions of PS ACR. I think most camera mfrs--Canon for sure--have their own RAW converters. In my experience, Canon's Digital Photo Professional does a better job than ACR anyway, especially with borderline blown highlights. Picturecode.com's Photo Ninja looks promising, as well.

Guys, this is it. It is up to all of us to say NO to subscription software, especially at this outrageous price. Microsoft is going to do the same with its next version of Office--it's optional with Office 2013.

May 09, 2013 at 03:45 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

CarlG wrote:
Dumbass question time - if I have an "upgrade" version of CS5 installed on my current iMac and the iMac craps out tomorrow, can I load this "upgrade" of CS5 on the new system and have it act like the full version? In other words, is the upgrade version a real, full version of the application, dependent upon your previous version's license key?

Just wondering in advance of issues down the road in light of this "cloud" scenario. If a new system purchase is needed down the road, I want to know if I can still use the CS5 disc on
...Show more

Yes. As long as you have a valid upgrade serial number from the previous version, you can install using the upgrade discs. I still have my upgrade discs from 7, CS2 and CS5, but I only need the CS5 serial to install CS6. (though, I don't own a disc of CS6, since I just purchased the downloadable version.)

May 09, 2013 at 03:46 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

The new Adobe business model: http://www.hulu.com/watch/4163?utm_content=4137899&PID=4137899&utm_source=cjlink&utm_campaign=cj-affiliate&AID=11172260&cmp=30&SHID=skim4699X646641X9497d7d8994d0f60c4c760e69e64ff74&partner=cj&utm_term=11172260

May 09, 2013 at 03:50 PM
CarlG
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

Jman13 wrote:
Yes. As long as you have a valid upgrade serial number from the previous version, you can install using the upgrade discs. I still have my upgrade discs from 7, CS2 and CS5, but I only need the CS5 serial to install CS6. (though, I don't own a disc of CS6, since I just purchased the downloadable version.)

THANK YOU!!!
That's what I thought but needed that confirmation!!

Carl

May 09, 2013 at 03:52 PM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.1 #20 · Photoshop 6 upgrade?

Time to try DXO's 60 day free trial.

May 09, 2013 at 05:56 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register