Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released

Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released

Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released
Sigma USA has given the price and introduction date of the 60mm F2.8 DN Art lens for mirrorless systems.

The new 60mm F2.8 DN Art lens for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras (MILCs) will hit shelves in the United States mid-May for the street price of $239.

"As part of the company’s Global Vision category restructuring, the new 60mm F2.8 DN Art category lens has an angle of view equivalent to 120mm on the Micro Four Thirds system and 90mm on the E-mount system (35mm equivalent focal length). The minimum focusing distance is 19.7 inches; the maximum magnification is 1:7.2. This lens also contains Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass, which helps minimize axial and transverse chromatic aberration.

This lens incorporates telecentric optical designs and a linear, auto focusing motor that ensures accurate and quiet focusing for video recording. Featuring a metal exterior and a simply-shaped focus ring, it has varying textures to distinguish each part of the lens. Under its new manufacturing process, Sigma’s DN users can also choose between a black or silver finish to match their favorite equipment."

For more details, check out Sigma's Press release

Pre-order the Sigma 60mm f/2.8 DN at B&H:
Sony E-mount | Micro Four Thirds Mount

May 02, 2013 at 06:04 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released

At f/2.8, this would be a lot more interesting if it were a macro lens.

May 02, 2013 at 06:17 PM
Jman13
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released

But then it wouldn't be $250.

May 02, 2013 at 06:24 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released

I was looking at a 70mm-ish prime to go with my 12-35/2.8 Panasonic on my GH-2. I was thinking of getting the Oly 75/1.8 now that it's going to be available in black (really don't like silver lenses), but this may be a serious contender at much lower cost. Don't really need f/1.8 for landscapes, so f/2.8 hits the spot. Wish it had OIS, though the price would be higher of course and the IQ might be not as good (the MTF looks pretty flat across the m43 image circle).

May 02, 2013 at 06:30 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released

John- it is stabilized on our oly bodies .
Harry Palmer

May 02, 2013 at 11:28 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released

Kingfishphoto wrote:
John- it is stabilized on our oly bodies .
Harry Palmer

Good to hear from you Harry!

Yep - but Oly didn't have a native 16:9 sensor like the GH-2 . . . .

I almost bought a EM-5, but found the ergonomics hopeless . . .

I figure that I've gotten along just fine with many of my FX primes w/o stabilization that I can do it on m43 as well . . . at least for a while.

May 02, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Yakim Peled
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released

That's a very nice set 19/30/60 at a very low price. Refreshing idea.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

May 02, 2013 at 11:59 PM
theSuede
• • • •
p.1 #8 · Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released

Since it's impossible to know that Sigma made all their MTF simulations equal, this is nothing written in stone - but...:

The 60/2.8 is quite a lot sharper than the 70/2.8 macro according to Sigma's own official MTF graphs. And honestly - the 70/2.8 macro is one of THE sharpest lenses I've ever tested. At F4.5 it outresolves the D7100 by a factor of 2:1. The question is if they were simulated under the same circumstances.

If this is even reasonably close to reality, and the 60mm is also well corrected for LoCA (as most recent Sigma lenses) - this will be a 200$ killer, used on APS it should be at least as well (if not better!) performing than the excellent (but more expensive, and smaller) 45/1.8 on µFT. Which should be good praise - especially considering the price.

May 03, 2013 at 12:42 AM
mawz
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released

Jman13 wrote:
But then it wouldn't be $250.

They certainly could do close focusing at least. The Sony 85/2.8 SAM is my benchmark here, with 1:5 magnification and a similar pricetag, it's longer, but it was my go-to near-macro on all my A mount bodies as well as both NEXen and I'll buy another copy if I ever get back into A mount.

May 03, 2013 at 01:40 AM
Jman13
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released

It's going to be close focusing. Focuses to 19", which is 1:5.8 magnification.

May 03, 2013 at 01:45 AM
mawz
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art details released

Jman13 wrote:
It's going to be close focusing. Focuses to 19", which is 1:5.8 magnification.

1:7.2 actually, due to focus breathing from the IF design, magnification is in the spec sheet.

May 03, 2013 at 01:59 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password