Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · 1st Post.

dmpettaw
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1st Post.

If you have time, c&c these please.

Edited on May 02, 2013 at 02:54 PM · View previous versions

May 02, 2013 at 09:22 AM
dmpettaw
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1st Post.

Ok I'm struggling to post a lot of pictures at once.

May 02, 2013 at 03:01 PM
dmpettaw
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1st Post.

here are some more

May 02, 2013 at 03:05 PM
charlandk
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1st Post.

Sorry, but they are not working for me.
#1 not sure what your subject is. The dress? photographer? bride? very cluttered and too dark.
#4 just feel like I am looking up her nose
#6 would like to see more of the bride and dress
#9 does she have heavy black eye make up on or is that bad shadows?
#10 what does the guy on the bike add to the story?

I hope the bride and groom found some pics that they liked. Did you charge for this or was it more of a learning experience for a friend?

May 02, 2013 at 03:22 PM
dmpettaw
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1st Post.

Thanks charlandk for your very honest c&c Are they that bad I shouldn't charge? These aren't all there pictures by the way These are the ones that stood out to me to post on here. To answer some of your questions. The subject is the bride, she's in the middle of the room. Yeah, I take a lot of shots from below. Good thing I don't see any boogies. The guy on the bike means they were in the park. Thanks again and I really appreciate it

Edited on May 02, 2013 at 09:11 PM · View previous versions

May 02, 2013 at 03:38 PM
Aremac 01
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1st Post.

I don't know what charlandk is smoking, but you did fine with the photos you're showing us. Take comments here with a grain of salt, because you really don't know the motives behind anyone's comments.

May 02, 2013 at 05:01 PM
morby
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1st Post.

I'm really liking the b&w of the bride and groom kissing and the perspective on the processional. Good stuff Dan!

May 02, 2013 at 05:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

charlandk
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 1st Post.

please dont be offended by my comments. I look for honest opinions from my posts because there are some seriously talented people here and I learn so much from both their comments and from studing their work. My comments are my opinion and given with the best intentions to help you see what others may see in your images. My comments are not to hurt your feelings or insult you and I sincerely apologize if that has happened.

with pic #1, it looks to me at least, too dark. I want my subject to be the center of attention in the photo. If the other photographer isnt the subject matter in that shot, then the pic should have been taken with out him in the frame.

my opinion doest matter. it is the bride and groom who pay for your work and they are the ones who must be happy. Was this your first wedding? It is a learning experience and you will improve dramatically with the more weddings that you do. I was very nervous on my first and looking back at that wedding and comparing it to my more recent ones, I can see a big difference in my composition, lighting, posing and ability to capture the emotion and tell their story.

Aremac,
there is no motive behind my comments. I do not compete with this person in any way. They were just my honest opinion. Honestly, would you have been happy to present these images to your clients?

May 02, 2013 at 05:23 PM
charlandk
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 1st Post.

I agree with morby on those two shots. they were my favorites of your post.

May 02, 2013 at 05:27 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 1st Post.

Overall seem a bit oversharpened and gritty for my tastes, but maybe that is your look that you are selling, but if not you may want to considera softer processing technique, there are no numbers so it is hard to comment on specific images. the close up of the face is entirely unflattering and I don't know if she would be too thrilled with it.

May 02, 2013 at 06:00 PM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 1st Post.

The editing on these images is a little too dark and contrasty for most peoples' tastes. The B&W images have a very "horror movie" feel, which I suspect will not be appealing to the clients. The color shots are a bit better, but still very contrasty.

Most of the images here are pretty solid. That said, there are a few odd ones that I don't think most brides will like (3, 13, 14). The best ones of this set for me are 8, 9, and 16.

May 02, 2013 at 07:22 PM
dmpettaw
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 1st Post.

Thanks everyone for your honest c&c. Hey charlandk- I'm not offended by your comments. That's why I posted them to hear what others had to say. I never said your opinion doesn't matter. If I thought that, I would have never posted these and no it's not my first wedding. I think i'm at 180ish. So thank you kind sir! Yes, I do love a little picture with my contrast every now and then This is my first time adding that much to the color. But, my B&W's are contrasty. Thanks again everyone.

May 02, 2013 at 09:36 PM
Daboyle
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 1st Post.

I follow the same thought of dark and contrasty as everyone here. You have some great work and welcome to the FM family! Photography is subjective sometimes, but I can see you have a lot of potential and an eye for it. Keep up with it, you will def. improve. Your logo needs work though....it looks very cheap and detracts from the quality of your photography.

May 03, 2013 at 01:43 AM
kev857

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 1st Post.

taking pics facing the light? don't fight it use it, the first few pics?

May 18, 2013 at 02:52 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password