Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · West Chester Engagement Session | S & S

Bartlett Pair
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · West Chester Engagement Session | S & S

Had a ton of fun in West Chester this morning. Believe it or not, the guy actually won big on Wheel of Fortune, winning their honeymoon and even solving the final puzzle. He proposed after the taping, which was a good call because how could she say no after he hit the jackpot lol

Luckily we started early enough (8am), because there was a race later in the day and the streets were getting packed. I've been trying to slim down the equipment we carry and focus more on the moment, so this is actually all natural light. Hope you West Chester locals enjoy (Reiner/Hoffer/Morby etc). Any helpful critiques are greatly appreciated!

-Lincoln & Jaime

2 (they met at Ryan's Pub)

Apr 28, 2013 at 02:02 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · West Chester Engagement Session | S & S

Terrific composition on #2.

Bartlett Pair wrote:
2 (they met at Ryan's Pub)
http://bartlettpairphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Sara_Shawn-008.jpg

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:24 AM
DblDrgn
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · West Chester Engagement Session | S & S

nice set of images, I like the stuff that you did down at Everhart park, and the use of all those blossoming trees. I was literally scouting those out yesterday!

Apr 29, 2013 at 04:39 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · West Chester Engagement Session | S & S

Bartlett Pair wrote:
Hey Chuck/Tony, thanks for doing this. It's never fun to post a set and receive no constructive feedback.
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1208548

I think the thing that strikes me the most is your disconnect between the composition you choose and the interaction of your subjects. There are lots of images here where you've put yourself into a 'fly on the wall' type composition, but the subjects seem very aware of you, which doesn't compute. Here are some examples:

I also think that you're working too much to correct your lighting in post. It shows a little bit in the final output and there's a lot of strangely colored shadows because of reflections off of grass and things like that. Light is too important to not spend time on. I think a big strong reflector would've helped a lot here.

Jul 19, 2013 at 03:49 PM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · West Chester Engagement Session | S & S

I read the title of the post and saw it was an engagement session and I said "shit!". Then I read your intro and saw you were attempting to focus on moments and I said "YES!". Then I saw your first photo and said, "YESSS!".

And then...

I think you did a 'nice' job on the photos, but there werent really any moments. The large majority of the shots were camera aware....which is fine if that is your brand/how you shoot. But I think that's a decision you have to make and drive toward really perfecting it. If you really like the idea of moments then I would definitely try to build a session around 'verbs'. Give them something to do...or, make them come up with things to do that are natural to them. Doug Treiber does a really nice job of this.

As for what you presented, there is nothing that really stands out to me. They are nice, clean photos of seemingly nice people. The danger of this is that a lot of photographers can do this exact same session. What makes you different?

Jul 19, 2013 at 04:14 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password