Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon G series

loxoco
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Canon G series

Of all the G series Canon from the G10 to the 15, which one is better? Is there such a truth that one does better then the others?

Apr 28, 2013 at 02:00 AM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #2 · Canon G series

Performance is why the almost five year old G10 is selling for near it's original retail price.

G10 is superb up to ISO160 and workable up to 400.

Higher ISO would be the G15.

No experience with models in between.

May 03, 2013 at 09:04 AM
borderlight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Canon G series

Personal preferences aside, it looks like newer models like the G15 will always have the edge.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-PowerShot-G15-vs-Canon_PowerShot_G10

May 03, 2013 at 10:04 AM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #4 · Canon G series

Interesting chart --- esp the Reasons to buy the Canon PowerShot G10: High true resolution, 14.6 MP, Great macro, etc

Raises the question, why compare the G10 to the G15 instead of the G11 or G12?

For firsthand insight check out the image comparison tool at DPR: call up the G15 review and select the G10 from the camera model comparison list. At the top above the main image you can then change JPEG/RAW and ISO and do some pixel peeping. Here's the link but I don't know if it will work fully http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-powershot-g15/11

Canon, or any other maker, it comes down to knowing your specific needs.

borderlight nails it perfectly: personal preferences --- which also helps explain why G10's in top shape sell so fast and are often so darn expensive for a five year old P&S.

May 03, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Wobble
• • •
p.1 #5 · Canon G series

I enjoy my $220 G10 with the macro lens. Pretty much have it with me all the time.

May 05, 2013 at 03:19 AM
photog4fun

p.1 #6 · Canon G series

My G9 has been a wonderful camera when I don't want to haul my heavy DSLR. I had a G3 and G6 prior to the G9 and they were great also.

May 05, 2013 at 11:49 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #7 · Canon G series

I have a G10 and upgraded to the G1X but mainly still use the G10.

Lots of reasons, just a few being build quality, size (it slips into my pockets easily), superb lens, sharp images at A3 size (amazingly sharp), As I use my cameras in normal daylight I don't need to exceed ISO200........but I do go to ISO400 if looking to do B+W...the results are close to a fine grain film.

The G1X is better in some respects particularly ultimate image quality...but not so convenient to use in my opinion. Looking back.....I wish I had saved my money or got a Fuji X10 instead to play with!!

May 07, 2013 at 11:18 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password