Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Ebay scam?

Nickyb21
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Ebay scam?

Hey guys, I've "sold" my D3100 kit on ebay and Im 99% sure the buyer is trying to scam me, he also "overpaid" by $85 for overnight shipping, I have nothing in my paypal also.... I'll let you be the judge.

Got an email with this.

Payment Reminder For Transaction Number 03T38038HA505784V
Dear (My email),

This email is to remind you of the payment made into your PayPal account by XXXXXXXXX (deleted name for privacy) for the item:Nikon D3100 Kit w/ AF-S DX 18-55mm VR + Battery Grip +MORE! bought from you on eBay. The payment transaction number is: 03T38038HA505784V and you have the sum of $525.00 USD pending to be cleared.

We have already deducted the money from the buyers account.We have the money waiting in our escrow account for you to clear .To make this clearance you need to verify the shipping reference number.

This is a must to ensure a safe PayPal experience.To verify your shipping reference number at this time you will have to send out the item to the buyer's provided address and email the shipping reference number to us at paypal by replying to this email as soon as possible.We shall credit your account once we receive the shipping reference number.You will find the shipping reference number on the receipt given to you at the post office.So send the reference number as soon as possible for fast transfer of your money.
We work to serve you better.

Questions? Go to the Help Center by replying to this email.

Please reply to this email. This mailbox is monitored and you will receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click Help in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile, and click Notifications.

Copyright 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved.

All rights reserved. Designated trademarks and brands.

And then shortly after, this email

"Hello,
I Have made payment for the eBay item and i will like the item shipped out asap to my son as i am buying it as a Birthday gift for him.Here is the shipping information again

(his address)

I have received a receipt and the payment . please email the tracking number to me here.Please note that i want item shipped using Fedex over Night, UPS Next Day Courier to be delivered in the morning ( 8am-10am )as its secure and cost effective and safe
Please note: I want it overnight.

Thanks."

Apr 22, 2013 at 01:01 PM
Nickyb21
• •
p.1 #2 · Ebay scam?

Meh, now I'm 100% as I got this email as well.
Both emails were from
smithanneth03@gmail.com [mailto:smithanneth03@gmail.com] On Behalf Of eBay
and
smithanneth03@gmail.com [mailto:smithanneth03@gmail.com] On Behalf Of service@paypal.com

Here's your payment update

Hi nickyb210,
To help you keep track of your sales, we're sending you this payment update. You can also view the latest payment updates later.
Thanks again for selling on eBay!

Payment updates

Recent updates to your sales

Your item is marked as payed and you need to send it out as soon as possible.
Ship out the item now and update the tracking number on eBay via myeBay.

Note: Payment can take up to 24 hours to be updated after the payment is made.

Buyer: jvarieur2012 ( 1 )

Item Title Price Shipping Price Qty Item Total

Nikon D3100 Kit w/ AF-S DX 18-55mm VR + Battery Grip +MORE!
$425.00 $100.00 1 $525.00

Others bought these to complement their purchase

Apple iPhone 4S AT&T Verizon...

$11.55
Free Shipping

AT&T Verizon Apple iPhone 4...

$6.59
Free Shipping

Flag Hard Case Cover For Apple...

$2.99
Free Shipping

LCD Screen Protector...

$4.99
Free Shipping

Email reference id: [#b3646b160cbd41779391451ef127ab09#]

eBay sent this message to you. Learn more
eBay is committed to your privacy. Learn more about our privacy policy and user agreement.

2012 eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

Apr 22, 2013 at 01:17 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #3 · Ebay scam?

Do NOT ship the goods until you have the funds secured and transferred out of PayPal. The "sent on behalf of" would worry me and as such would be a no deal. Email the buyer and tell them you must pass.

Apr 22, 2013 at 04:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

drive_75
• • •
p.1 #4 · Ebay scam?

it's obviously a scam. 100% scam. I'm not sure why you even have a second thought about it. There are too many clues here that you should already brush aside and move on. First the "sending to my son" in Timbuktu, 2nd the overpayment for rush delivery, 3rd the constant reminder to ship the item. What other clue do you need? Just move on and put it back up for sale.

Apr 22, 2013 at 05:17 PM
Nickyb21
• •
p.1 #5 · Ebay scam?

drive_75 wrote:
it's obviously a scam. 100% scam. I'm not sure why you even have a second thought about it. There are too many clues here that you should already brush aside and move on. First the "sending to my son" in Timbuktu, 2nd the overpayment for rush delivery, 3rd the constant reminder to ship the item. What other clue do you need? Just move on and put it back up for sale.

I did just that, I never sold anything on Ebay so I wasn't sure if they actually held the amount before but after thinking about it for a few minutes after posting this, I figured it was lol

Apr 22, 2013 at 05:49 PM
binary visions
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Ebay scam?

"Sent on behalf of" is a statement that Gmail puts on your emails (some other email programs do it, too) to indicate that the email didn't actually originate at the sender address, and instead originated at some other email address.

There is no such thing as a Paypal escrow. Log into your Paypal account - do you see a payment? If not, then he never paid.

You can't ever trust emails. Any time you get a bank/paypal/ebay/etc. "notification," open your web browser, type the site name in directly (i.e. don't click on a link to get there), and log in. If you don't see the exact same notification in your account somewhere, it's a fraud.

Apr 22, 2013 at 06:32 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password