Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Topaz denoise questions

papageno
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Topaz denoise questions

Just picked it up and find it amazing, but...

Among the presets are a number marked raw (which I understand are to be used on TIFs). How would you use the plug-in with raw files?

Apparently there is a finite size limit, Tried to do an older pano but couldn't. Is the limit dependent on the computer, or is it fixed? If it changes, what changes it?

Apr 21, 2013 at 03:11 AM
keithns1

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Topaz denoise questions

You could denoise each individual image then recreate your pano

Apr 21, 2013 at 03:20 AM
harrygilbert
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Topaz denoise questions

With Photoshop and Topaz you can create an action, then you can identically process multiple files before stitching. Seems to work with all of the Topaz plug-ins.

Apr 21, 2013 at 03:25 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Topaz denoise questions

Or, if you don't want to re-do your currrent pano, it's easy enough to split your current file into two or more files, process them and then reconnect them after. I've had to do that a few times with Noise Ninja on huge files. Not a big deal.

Apr 21, 2013 at 05:09 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

papageno
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Topaz denoise questions

Good workarounds for the future. Don't know if I want to denoise them enough to take apart and reglue...

By the way, does anyone know anything about the size limits? Can't find anything on the web.

Apr 21, 2013 at 05:24 AM
Eyeball
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Topaz denoise questions

Have you read these Topaz responses yet?

http://www.topazlabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5620
http://www.topazlabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13993
http://www.topazlabs.com/support/kb/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=350

Apparently DeNoise is a bit more limited regarding image size than some other noise reduction packages but the actual limit depends on a number of factors including the configuration of your PC and whether you are using the 32 or 64 bit version of DeNoise.

Regarding your question about the raw presets, there is no way to use DeNoise directly on raw files. They must be converted to RGB files (TIF or PSD probably) and DeNoised in Photoshop. The reason that they name some of the presets with "Raw" is because those presets have been "tuned" to work best with images that started out as raw files. Noise characteristics for an image can be different depending on whether the source was Raw, Jpeg, or film.

Apr 21, 2013 at 03:06 PM
papageno
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Topaz denoise questions

Thank you for the links, which added considerable clarity. I think I have enough for viable workarounds....

Apr 22, 2013 at 08:17 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password