Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · DisLike Option?

digitallight

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · DisLike Option?

A Like option has been added.

A DisLike option would be nice.

There are times I would like to give a poster a Negative.

thanks for reading

Apr 20, 2013 at 06:00 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · DisLike Option?

I'm pretty sure this was discussed on a recent thread, but I can't find it. As I recall, Fred said that he would keep it in mind, but he would stick with just the positive, at least for a while.

Apr 20, 2013 at 08:43 PM
Mickey
• • • •
p.1 #3 · DisLike Option?

There is a button for that. "Hide Me"

Apr 20, 2013 at 09:16 PM
Guari
• • •
p.1 #4 · DisLike Option?

No need to spread negativity. Bad karma and all.

The hide me button works wonders

Apr 20, 2013 at 09:52 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #5 · DisLike Option?

jcolwell wrote:
I'm pretty sure this was discussed on a recent thread, but I can't find it. As I recall, Fred said that he would keep it in mind, but he would stick with just the positive, at least for a while.

I believe you are referring to the possibility of adding the like button to the first posts?
This is the first time I read a request for adding a 'dislike' button...

Currently the like button is only available on replies. The reason we did that was to encourage members to continue posting comments, instead of just liking threads.
Fred

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:38 PM
digitallight

p.1 #6 · DisLike Option?

Fred,

I thought this would be better than people insulting each other, rude comments, acting as if they own the site or thinking they are the moderator.

But sometimes it is fun to read the postings.

I thought of this after reading this posting,

B&H $250 monthly gify card drawing - has anyone won?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1206590

Apr 21, 2013 at 02:14 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

borderlight
• • •
p.1 #7 · DisLike Option?

"Dislike Option?" If so awarded it might take years of therapy to overcome the stigma. Conversely, if you don't meet your personal quota of "like(s)" that too might be enough to put you over the edge.

Apr 21, 2013 at 03:22 AM
KCook0
• •
p.1 #8 · DisLike Option?

"dislike" (I think it was really a thumbsdown) was tried for a while on DPR. The punters whose posts got hit with dislikes had a howl about responsibility, yadda, yadda. So now DPR has only Likes.

Apr 21, 2013 at 04:01 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · DisLike Option?

I would like to dislike this thread.

Apr 21, 2013 at 04:29 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · DisLike Option?

I happily use the Hide Me button. Frankly, that is the perfect solution. The two folks who earned that award from me really are not worth reading. Not reading them I'm not aggravated by their comments. And I can move on to enjoy the thread and to chat with cyber friends. I trust that folks who don't like what I have to say will tune me out as well. I don't need a Dislike button.

Apr 21, 2013 at 04:19 PM
KCook0
• •
p.1 #11 · DisLike Option?

CGrindahl wrote:
I happily use the Hide Me button. Frankly, that is the perfect solution. The two folks who earned that award from me really are not worth reading. Not reading them I'm not aggravated by their comments. And I can move on to enjoy the thread and to chat with cyber friends. I trust that folks who don't like what I have to say will tune me out as well. I don't need a Dislike button.

Good point. But noobs to the forum, or photography in general, will not know which members are not worth reading. When a post is hit with multiple "dislikes", that can serve as a caution to the noobs.

Apr 21, 2013 at 05:31 PM
Larrys

p.1 #12 · DisLike Option?

CGrindahl wrote:

But, in the back of your head you know that they are still out there, posting their garbage. They might even be posting garbage right at you, even if you can't see it.

Kinda annoying isn't it?

On topic. A dislike button would be great.

Apr 22, 2013 at 02:39 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password