New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Manfrotto Price Increases

lithium2k

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Manfrotto Price Increases

Anyone know the reason behind the Manfrotto price increases this week? I bought 2 1005bac stands for 85 per on Monday and they are 107 per now.

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Manfrotto Price Increases

Probably so the company can remain profitable..

Apr 20, 2013 at 06:42 PM
kylehess10
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Manfrotto Price Increases

I noticed this too. I bought a Manfrotto tripod for about $140 a couple months ago and now they suddenly jumped to $200. I wasn't sure if it was just a sale or if a price increase came into effect

Apr 21, 2013 at 01:49 AM
400d
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Manfrotto Price Increases

Manfrotto has rebates started from a few days ago. I have been following an Avenger stand for a while, three months ago was $265.95+S/H, right before the rebate was $285.25+S/H, now it's $356.59 before receiving the $65 Visa debate card from Manfrotto, so yea, ironically, it's not an actual rebate.

I emailed Henry @ B&H about this, and I also mentioned this happens every time Canon has rebates, below is his response.:

This has nothing to do with B&H. Manfrotto and Canon both have MAP (min advertized price) programs which set the lowest price we can advertize and display on our site and how we can convey a lower selling price, if one is available. More recently both have instituted “unilateral price” programs setting the lowest selling (not advertized) price for certain products. For either program, enforcement is stringent and the penalties for violations draconian. The icing on the proverbial cake is when the price we pay for their products is hiked at about the same time their rebates go into effect without...Show more

In conclusion, if I understand Henry correctly, rebate is a gimmick from the manufacturers to fool the consumers.

Apr 21, 2013 at 02:40 AM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Manfrotto Price Increases

400d wrote:
I emailed Henry @ B&H about this, and I also mentioned this happens every time Canon has rebates, below is his response.:

This has nothing to do with B&H. Manfrotto and Canon both have MAP (min advertized price) programs which set the lowest price we can advertize and display on our site and how we can convey a lower selling price, if one is available. More recently both have instituted “unilateral price” programs setting the lowest selling (not advertized) price for certain products. For either program, enforcement is stringent and the penalties for violations draconian. The icing on the proverbial cake is when the price we pay for their products is hiked at about the same time their rebates go into effect without...Show more

UPDATE: I was mistaken, in part. Manfrotto has an MAP (min advertized price) program. They do not have a unilateral price program.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Apr 22, 2013 at 03:58 PM
Thats Fresh
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Manfrotto Price Increases

All I saw were rebates at BH (=

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/browse/Manfrotto/ci/15855/N/4232861052/BI/8808/KBID/10087

Apr 24, 2013 at 05:21 PM
bills_pix

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Manfrotto Price Increases

Luckily in Canada MAP is illegal.

Apr 24, 2013 at 05:34 PM
xtremediver
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Manfrotto Price Increases

Euro's is down, European economy is in shambles so to speak (not doing very well at the least) and there are numerous bailouts of foreign economies - doesn't take much economic knowledge to see what's behind it. Companies need to make a profit in order to pay the overhead, the working personnel and research and development and still have a little left over. Might get worse before it gets better.

Apr 29, 2013 at 09:17 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.