Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Hendrik, Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

New ways to deal with film...

anthonygh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · New ways to deal with film...

Hopefully this is the right place for this.....

I have been experimenting with film....how to scan it..and how to process it in PS and other modern imaging software...and I am getting some interesting results.

I wondered how other film users are adapting to digital technology...particularly B+W users. I am re-doing 20 yr old negs at the moment and am seriously impressed.

The down side is I have several hundred sheets of negs to review......many more if I count the colour negs....

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
jctriguy
• • •
p.1 #2 · New ways to deal with film...

You might get more in the Alt forum, lots of film users there.

What are you doing that is impressing you? Anything you care to share?

I'm just scanning my MF film on an Epson flatbed that I picked up for $50. Works great for my purposes. Found a few good process defaults for lightroom and play around with those a little.

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · New ways to deal with film...

I'm not sure about a new way, but I scanned all of my important film in the late 90s-early 2000s. Mostly I used the Nikon 8000ED, though I had a few of the smaller format Nikon scanners also.

EBH

Apr 18, 2013 at 04:33 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · New ways to deal with film...

We've been having our film scanned since the mid 1980's for commercial purposes, so scanning film is nothing new. I've been scanning my own film since about '95 and working with it in Photoshop, but got really serious around '98 or '99, buying my own drum scanner, and have been working slowly away at scanning the most important images from almost forty years of making photographs. Scanned film works just fine in Photoshop and is really a joy to work with. While I originally bought my scanner for my personal use, it paid for itself making commercial scans in just four months. These days I fire it up about once a month and scan a few pieces that I find interesting. Like I said, I've been at it for over a decade and just keep going. It often surprising to rediscover old images that still have plenty of merit.

Apr 18, 2013 at 05:26 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password