Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lightroom 5 beta (news MIA)

ciprian.trofin
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lightroom 5 beta (news MIA)

This morning I got a glimpse of a TechCrunch article (now misssing) about LR5 beta.
The link: http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/14/adobe-introduces-lightroom-5-public-beta-with-new-features-for-enthusiasts-and-pros-alike/

The page was indexed (but not cached) by major search engines.

The article is still here: http://finance.boston.com/boston/news/read?GUID=23926548

Adobeís Lightroom is probably the best software available when it comes to a photographerís digital darkroom needs. The company has been putting lots of time and effort into building it into something that appeals to both pros and enthusiasts, and now itís releasing Lightroom 5 beta, representing the fastest turnaround for a major point release in the appís history.

One big change is the new flexibility of the spot removal tool. Now people can change the shape of the spot removal brush, so that it isnít just a circle. You can make it person-shaped, for instance, to get rid of a someone
...Show more

Apr 15, 2013 at 07:17 AM
Beni
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lightroom 5 beta (news MIA)

Doesn't really seem anything but fluff. Doesn't seem anything to really warrant a full upgrade except of course that now you will have to buy it to get compatibility for newer cameras.

Apr 15, 2013 at 03:19 PM
BluesWest
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lightroom 5 beta (news MIA)

Doesn't really seem anything but fluff. Doesn't seem anything to really warrant a full upgrade except of course that now you will have to buy it to get compatibility for newer cameras.

+1. Not much to be excited about. Lightroom is already a mature product (as is Photoshop), so it's difficult to envision any truly compelling features being added.

John

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:43 PM
doowop42
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lightroom 5 beta (news MIA)

I only see 3 useful features that were new or improved the rest is useless.

Apr 17, 2013 at 01:22 AM
Paul Gardner
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lightroom 5 beta (news MIA)

I have C1, PS6, DXO, DPP, IDC, and NX2. I am finding that LR5 is the first version of LR that I would ever consider adding to or replacing any or all of the above. Remember it is a Beta! Over the years I have tried all of the offerings from the software developers and for landscape workflow DXO is still in first place.
If LR5 release is as good as it appears to become, it could easily replace all of the above due to is context removal brush and excellent deconvolution. The auto blur correction which is coming in ACR 8.1 appears to be as good as Focus Magic and if implemented in LR5 will make a great improvement in handheld images.

Apr 19, 2013 at 07:55 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password