Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2013 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile
  
 
csebasti
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile


I'm having some trouble with CS6 and my monitor profile. I'm not sure exactly when this started, but it may have been right after installing a video card for the first time, if that makes a difference. Using Win7 Pro, the video card is a Geforce GT640, and monitor is Dell 2007FP.

When I open CS6, I get the following error:







I don't understand why it's trying to find "LCD color management and conversion" since that is not my default monitor profile. Just to be sure, I recalibrated, and the new profile is set as default:







I can't figure out why the correct profile is set in the Windows color management settings, but Photoshop is looking for something else. I tried Googling it, but couldn't find a solution. Anyone know what is going on?

Chris

Edited on Apr 14, 2013 at 10:26 PM · View previous versions



Apr 14, 2013 at 07:45 PM
James_N
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile


What happens if you remove the two non-default profiles from under Windows Color Management, then reboot your computer?


Apr 14, 2013 at 08:19 PM
csebasti
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile


I deleted the two non-default profiles, rebooted and get the same error. Any other ideas?


Apr 14, 2013 at 09:21 PM
James_N
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile


Are you selecting the default profile in Photoshop CS6?


Apr 14, 2013 at 09:23 PM
csebasti
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile


Where would that selection be made? Here is what I have in my color settings:









Apr 14, 2013 at 09:35 PM
James_N
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile


I was just making sure that you weren't selecting the monitor profile as a working space. Many times people erroneously assume the profile is the working space. Although the monitor profile appears in the drop-down list of working spaces, its presence is for informational purposes only so that the user knows he/she is using a profiled monitor.

You said you thought the problems started with a new video card; are you running the latest drivers from Nvidia (not the card manufacturer)?



Apr 14, 2013 at 10:32 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



BobCollette
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile


Just in case you don't have the monitor profile correctly setup in Windows (there's more to it than the screen you showed), follow the directions in the link below.

http://www.laszlopusztai.net/2009/08/23/stop-losing-display-calibration-with-windows-7/



Apr 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Eyeball
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile


Here is something to try:

Check the profile for Monitor #2, even if you don't have a second monitor connected. Whatever it is set to, change it to something else (like the same custom profile you are using for monitor #1).



Apr 14, 2013 at 11:54 PM
csebasti
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile


James_N wrote:
I was just making sure that you weren't selecting the monitor profile as a working space. Many times people erroneously assume the profile is the working space. Although the monitor profile appears in the drop-down list of working spaces, its presence is for informational purposes only so that the user knows he/she is using a profiled monitor.

You said you thought the problems started with a new video card; are you running the latest drivers from Nvidia (not the card manufacturer)?


I'm not sure if I'm using the latest drivers from Nvidia, so I just downloaded them and will install them.




Apr 14, 2013 at 11:55 PM
csebasti
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile


BobCollette wrote:
Just in case you don't have the monitor profile correctly setup in Windows (there's more to it than the screen you showed), follow the directions in the link below.

http://www.laszlopusztai.net/2009/08/23/stop-losing-display-calibration-with-windows-7/


Thanks for the link. That's certainly not intuitive. Didn't help though.

Chris



Apr 14, 2013 at 11:56 PM
csebasti
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile


Eyeball wrote:
Here is something to try:

Check the profile for Monitor #2, even if you don't have a second monitor connected. Whatever it is set to, change it to something else (like the same custom profile you are using for monitor #1).



We have a winner! That was the problem. I've never calibrated my second monitor, and never set a profile for it. Never had a problem. I can only assume it has something to do with adding the video card (previously using integrated graphics on the mobo). When I checked to see what profile was set, it was the one that Photoshop was griping about. I changed it to something else, and all is good now.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post suggestions.

Chris



Apr 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Eyeball
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · CS6 using wrong monitor profile


Glad it worked for you!


Apr 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM





FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password