Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Car- BMW Racer

Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Car- BMW Racer

In a museum display.

Charlie Shugart 2013

BMW Race Car

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM
rattymouse
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Car- BMW Racer

I always hated seeing race cars like this in a museum. Machines like this need to live on the track. The sound that they make is just incredible. Nice capture...great colors.

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Car- BMW Racer

rattymouse wrote:
I always hated seeing race cars like this in a museum. Machines like this need to live on the track. The sound that they make is just incredible. Nice capture...great colors.

I agree.
That's why I enjoy historic sports car races. Trouble is that stupid Fox-owned SPEED channel broadcasts few interesting auto-racing events. I guess if you like sedans going bumper-to-bumper- round and round ("just don't turn the wheel to the right"), then 100 hours a week of NASCAR-related stuff is fine.
But I like to watch F-1, hill climbs, historic sports cars, World Rally Cars, off-road (not those closed-circuit things that take place inside a dirt-filled stadium) and the like. Even when they broadcast the historic sports car races at Monterey, it's just the last couple of laps. BFD.
Another problem you mention- cars like this BMW are so expensive that few collectors want to race them- so they go to private collections and museums.
Life's a beach .
Charlie

Apr 15, 2013 at 01:50 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password