Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · web site startup

pinball
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · web site startup

hi all I'm thinking about doing a web site to promote my work and get some extra income, When doing the web site should I worry about all the formats from pc to mac and now a days tablets, is there anyone system where it looks the best on all ways at looking at the website, Thanks in advance

Bill

Apr 04, 2013 at 11:37 PM
mdude85
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · web site startup

Operating system is not really important... the issue mostly arises with how different browsers interpret code and how the website is displayed at different resolutions/screen sizes. Browsers these days are more standardized than in the past, so that is not really so much of a problem as it used to be, but still crops up from time to time. The big issue today is compatibility with mobile (smartphones+tablets). Sites that can change their design dynamically to fit mobile browsers are known as "responsive".

Since you don't seem to have much experience designing websites, I would recommend contracting a designer or using a website like Zenfolio, Smugmug or SquareSpace where most of the work of compatibility with different browsers and screen sizes is done for you. You may also find some luck with Wordpress, which is a blogging software that offers a lot of "responsive" templates where all you have to do is load the images into a pre-designed page.

Apr 09, 2013 at 02:45 PM
onesickpuppy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · web site startup

Remember...some tablets like IPads don't handle flash

So if you want to gain their attention, don't use flash pages

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · web site startup

+1 on the flash. Nothing says "irrelevant" faster than a website full of flash that will not play on an iOS device. About a third of my website hits are mobile and almost 90% of those hits are from iOS devices.

brad

Apr 12, 2013 at 03:54 AM
Lunchb0x8
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · web site startup

I am currently in the process of setting up my own page.

It is very basic right now, will share on here a bit later maybe.

But I am using godaddy for hosting and domain registration, using wordpress and some plugins, it is fully optimised for tablets, mobiles etc.

WOrks great on chrome, safari, firefox... yet to try IE...

Apr 17, 2013 at 03:38 AM
printing22

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · web site startup

yes i am totally agree with mdude85 words....

Apr 20, 2013 at 08:28 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password