Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

mrhoni
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

Currently I display my pricing on my website. I've recently attended a webinar and have read others that propose not displaying pricing on the website unless you are trying to compete on price.

Me personally, I would be interested in seeing someones prices first to know if they are in my price range and if there were no prices, would I still contact them?

I suspect that your skills, via displayed portfolio, may draw people to still contact you.

What is your opinion?

Apr 02, 2013 at 05:17 PM
GoGo
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

Hello,
I believe that it all depends on what you do?
Your specialty will in many cases dictate your prices for work delivered.
Please go and have a look at my price page and let me know what you think? I think that in corporate work the prices are pretty much established, but in other specialties they are not.
Use the chevron to navigate up or down on the page.
http://www.giorgioniro.com/#/pricing

Apr 03, 2013 at 01:52 PM
Hendrik
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

People are lazy. They don't write an e-mail to ask for your prices. If you are not too expensive, I would place the prices on the Internet, so people will know you are within their budget. If you ask a higher price, then I would not put it on the Internet.

Apr 04, 2013 at 08:02 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

I put them there because even at my fairly low prices sometimes people just have no concept of what is expensive and cheap in photography so hopefully I can weed out those who are expecting a $100 photo shoot.

Hendrik wrote:
People are lazy. They don't write an e-mail to ask for your prices. If you are not too expensive, I would place the prices on the Internet, so people will know you are within their budget. If you ask a higher price, then I would not put it on the Internet.

Lucky you that no one is emailing you and asking for your prices. I have my price listed on my website and I STILL have people emailing me and asking me what my price is.

brad

Apr 04, 2013 at 12:50 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

I like knowing the price of things when I'm shopping. It helps me to narrow down what my options are.

Apr 04, 2013 at 04:02 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

I say no dont put them. If you put them then you will be booking clients based on price rather than actual photo art.

Apr 04, 2013 at 08:06 PM
RDKirk
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

I've currently got prices listed, and I'm pretty sure it runs people away who are not already sold on me from wom and my public displays.

Most people can't visualize the impact of a large wall portrait from a tiny web image, and nobody would pay my prices for a tiny web image.

Apr 05, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

RustyBug
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

I'd like to just go with this, but it's a bit too direct for most folks.

"If you have to ask, you can't afford me. But, if it's important ... you can't not afford me."
"Come on in, we'll talk."

If they're still interested after that, then you know they aren't buying on price alone.
Maybe one day, I'll get that bold.

Apr 05, 2013 at 05:50 PM
PeakPhoto
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

I spent a lot of time at a marketing conference this year, and that's one thing that stuck with me.. absolutely have some price range on your site. Even if it depends on what they want, etc. As someone else said people are shopping online and comparing photographers and they want to know prices to see if it's in their budget. If you don't have a price on your site people might assume you're way more expensive than you actually are and count you out. You also have to make things as simplistic as possible, the least steps possible is always best. People don't want to have to send an email to get a quote.

I do this all the time when shopping online. If there isn't a price listed a lot of times I just move on to the next site. I don't have time to shop around and email every site I visit for price lists.

Apr 17, 2013 at 05:53 PM
Hammy
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

I think it depends on your market. There are plenty of examples in the real world that work the angle from both angles.

For my site (youth sports sales), I don't advertise/market any pricing until after they see the photos. I can probably say my prices are on the high side, so I don't want people walking up to my booth or seeing my front page of prices and walking away based on that alone.

Instead, once the photos are seen, a simple mouseover of the product selection shows them the price. I believe I get way more sales based on initial impression, than losing sales based on sticker shock and no product being seen.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:13 PM
PeakPhoto
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

Hammy wrote:
I think it depends on your market. There are plenty of examples in the real world that work the angle from both angles.

For my site (youth sports sales), I don't advertise/market any pricing until after they see the photos. I can probably say my prices are on the high side, so I don't want people walking up to my booth or seeing my front page of prices and walking away based on that alone.

Instead, once the photos are seen, a simple mouseover of the product selection shows them the price. I believe I get way more sales based on initial
...Show more
Actually that would be a good example of a time to do pricing later. Once they see the picture of their child then they know they want it no matter the cost because it's a great memory to have. But if you were to show them prices up front they wouldn't even look.

I think that also has something to do with I'm guessing you don't have a lot of competition. It's not like the customers can shop and pick what photographers are there at the event. I'm thinking of more along the lines of wedding and event photogs who are in competition with others. People want to price check a lot before they dive in.

Apr 18, 2013 at 03:32 AM
Corojo
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

...prices starting @ . plse. call for quote...

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Tony B
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

Definitely show some price to obtain an interest. I hate sites where I cannot find prces. I do not wish to spend time making phone calls. Number one in business is "Time is money". Much of whether I do a job at home myself or not is based on the hourly rate I charge clients. Cheaper tham my rate I consider them.

Apr 23, 2013 at 01:18 AM
time2clmb
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Should your pricing be displayed on your website

Based on the voting split this should tell you that it's pretty much split down to personal opinion and there is no right answer.

Apr 24, 2013 at 06:37 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password