Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Magic arm

andyz
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Magic arm

A couple years ago my wife gave me a Monfrotto Magic Arm for Christmas. Today was the first time I used it for a remote camera at 1st base. Worked great.

I saw some videos after getting it that said always get the one with a wheel adjuster knob, not the lever/arm. Well I have the latter and I believe I know why that advice is given. After using it once, it doesn't tighten solid now, nor is it flimsy loose.

Is there a way to get this working again myself, have it repaired, or just complain about it and not buy another of the same.

Mar 24, 2013 at 03:56 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · Magic arm

You should be able to adjust it using Allen key wrenches in the opposite ends of the clamp shaft. I haven't done this adjustment myself - apparently you have to be careful not to lose the ball bearings that are visible below the thick washer at the end opposite the handle. The Allen key wrenches would have been included with the arm when it was new, but they might have gone missing...

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #3 · Magic arm

I don't recall a wrench but I may have that size.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM
andyz
• • •
p.1 #4 · Magic arm

It takes a little finessing between the top and bottom hex bolts but I got there. The adjustments between the two don't have much tolerance. Thanks for the assistance and there's even a video i found online about doing this. It didn't mention the tolerance being pretty slim but it was helpful any case.

Mar 24, 2013 at 04:56 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password