Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Pocket wizard.

charles sharpe
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pocket wizard.

I would like some advise please on pocket wizard. I would like to be able to use my Nikon D4 remotely i.e. set the camera up and be some distant away and trigger it. I am not sure which parts I need all the videos all seam to be on triggering flash guns which could be in the future.

Charles.

Mar 22, 2013 at 06:36 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pocket wizard.

Scott Kelby just covered this topic on YouTube.

Mar 22, 2013 at 07:19 PM
charles sharpe
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pocket wizard.

DanBrown wrote:
Scott Kelby just covered this topic on YouTube.

Many thanks for that. I have just had a look at the video and is just what I wanted. Is there a smaller unit I can use for the trigger.

Charles.

Mar 22, 2013 at 08:19 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pocket wizard.

charles sharpe wrote:
Is there a smaller unit I can use for the trigger.

You can use the newly announced Plus X

Mar 22, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

StanOPhoto
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pocket wizard.

Any of the Pocket Wizard transceivers will trigger a remote camera with the appropriate triggering cable. I believe the new PlusX/Plus III transceivers ship with all the cables you will need. This article may lead you in the right direction http://blog.soskiphoto.com/2013/03/pocket-wizard-plusx-vs-plus-iii-flash.html

Mar 27, 2013 at 08:47 AM
onesickpuppy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pocket wizard.

Pocket wizard ships with several cables....but not a PRE RELEASE cable....they average around $50
based off what camera you have.

Yes..the pre release button is a must as he stated.....I use this setup (Canon version) on the starting line of drag racing scene...works great

For the trigger...you could get the Mini....it will trigger all PW units...very small...but it don't have all the bells and settings of a Plus III. But just for a trigger...works great!!

Mar 27, 2013 at 01:40 PM
mkchang
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Pocket wizard.

Couple of things to think about. First being distance. If it's a good bit of distance away then you may want to look at the Multimaxes.

Another advantage of the Multimaxes is the AAC (?) port which allows you to release the camera by turning off the zone. That way the camera can go into sleep mode and you can wake it up by turning on the zone.

Mar 27, 2013 at 02:52 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password