Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

sydneysteelers

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

Any chance of people posting portraits they have taken with using one or two speedlites and softboxs inside or outdoors.

It would be great to see samples of how people have used them and any information on settings or setup would be great...

Tried to post a portrait but it wants me to pay do you have to pay to post photos on this forum..

Thnaks

Mar 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

You don't have to pay if the photos are hosted elsewhere. You just post a link to a jpg and it will show up as a photo in the forum.

brad

Mar 20, 2013 at 01:45 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

sydneysteelers wrote:
...Tried to post a portrait but it wants me to pay do you have to pay to post photos on this forum.

You can subsribe to this site's Image Upload; the $5.00 annual fee (if I recall the amount) is a small price to pay to keep Fred from having to foot the entire bill for this fantastic resource.

I use the IU service, and can upload up to five images per post, but they are limited in size -- not too much of an issue for what I use them for.

You can also/instead insert links to other services you might have, such as Flicker, Photobucket, etc.

sydneysteelers wrote:
Any chance of people posting portraits they have taken with using one or two speedlites and softboxs inside or outdoors.

It would be great to see samples of how people have used them and any information on settings or setup would be great...

Here's one using three lights. If I recall correctly, I used a slave 580EX II in a 28" Apollo soft box as fill light, a slave 430EX in a small dish as a hairlight, and the 7D's pop-up flash as master and key light.

Canon 7D, Manual Exposure Mode, 50mm f/1.4 lens at f/2.8, 1/64 shutter speed, ISO 320.

Below that is a photo of the gear I used.

Mar 20, 2013 at 01:49 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

These are a couple from my last shoot using a speedlight in an Apollo Orb mounted on a monopod for easy positioning by an assistant. I fired the flash using my Pixel King trigger.

50mm, F2, 1/320

70mm f2.8, 1/400

These two were shot with a speedlight+Apollo Orb as well. I probably used my Phottix Strato trigger for this one.

SB600 into 16" softbox on the face and on-camera flash bounced into the ceiling for fill on this:

brad

Mar 20, 2013 at 02:18 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

One more. This was from 2 years ago but I just did a behind the scenes blog post about it because it's been a pretty popular image for me though when I look at it I see all the things I would do differently now!

brad

Mar 20, 2013 at 02:48 AM
sydneysteelers

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

Wow great guys and thanks a lot and I hope others will post their photos and info and setup..

So I have to have the photo on the net somewhere I just can't upload it to here right.

Art

Mar 20, 2013 at 01:58 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

sydneysteelers wrote:
Wow great guys and thanks a lot and I hope others will post their photos and info and setup..

So I have to have the photo on the net somewhere I just can't upload it to here right.

Art

Reread BrianO's reply.

Mar 20, 2013 at 06:48 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

sydneysteelers wrote:
...So I have to have the photo on the net somewhere I just can't upload it to here right.

You can upload it here if you subscribe to our service. If you don't, then you have to link to it at whatever location it is uploaded to.

If you subscribe here, after entering text in a post you click on the "Browse" button to search for the image on your computer, double click it, and it will show at the bottom of your post. (See first image below.)

You can see who does and does not use the built-in upload service in their User profile. (See second image.)

Mar 20, 2013 at 06:53 PM
sydneysteelers

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

I am really missing something then as I have signed up for the site but no where so I see anything that says (subscribe). First I tried to find a help button which I don't see here either.

Let me know where the subscribe button is...

Mar 20, 2013 at 07:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/upload-sell.php

Mar 20, 2013 at 07:16 PM
sydneysteelers

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

Ok as I said it asks you to pay am I missing something here...

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:35 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

sydneysteelers wrote:
Ok as I said it asks you to pay am I missing something here...

I seems that you are.

For instance:

BrianO wrote:
You can subsribe to this site's Image Upload; the $5.00 annual fee (if I recall the amount) is a small price to pay to keep Fred from having to foot the entire bill for this fantastic resource.

Mar 21, 2013 at 04:07 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

Yes, you have to pay to host them here. Otherwise host them somewhere else and paste the link here.

brad

Mar 21, 2013 at 04:50 AM
erichard
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

Not to discourage Fred's service which is great, but Flickr works pretty nicely as a free host. Just include the link to the image hosted there. I've done essentially that since before there was a pay service here. What is very worthwhile is paying for the buy/sell board which also gets you uploading? as I recall, but maybe I'm mixed up.

Mar 22, 2013 at 03:53 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

erichard wrote:
...What is very worthwhile is paying for the buy/sell board which also gets you uploading? as I recall, but maybe I'm mixed up.

You aren't mixed up. If I recall, Upload used to be seperate from Sell, but they are now together.

Mar 22, 2013 at 04:00 AM
sydneysteelers

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

that's great I will just move on to a free forum site as there are so many out there. I just can't see paying for what some many do for free.

But thanks for all the help and to those who posted it seems a lot of people look but don't bother to post so thanks to the ones that did..

Mar 22, 2013 at 01:17 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · One or two speedlites with soxtboxs or not.

On most forums that I visit almost everyone hosts their pictures somewhere else. There are so many free photohosting options.

brad

Mar 22, 2013 at 01:27 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password