Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Teathered + Lightroom 4 + iPad + Client ......how?

Evan JF Roth
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Teathered + Lightroom 4 + iPad + Client ......how?

Would any of you have any experience teathering your camera to Lightroom and having the images automatically sync up to an iPad?
It would need to be instant so that the client can see the images as the shoot is progressing.

Thanks!
Evan

Mar 17, 2013 at 05:20 AM
hondageek
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Teathered + Lightroom 4 + iPad + Client ......how?

I'm pretty sure you can do this with an Eye-Fi card. I use one with a 5D3 to send low res jpegs to a watched folder that Lr uses. The raw files are written to a CF card in the camera. Getting the images to show up on an iPad also might take a bit of tweaking, but it's probably do-able.

Mar 17, 2013 at 01:27 PM
Gray
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Teathered + Lightroom 4 + iPad + Client ......how?

I've done this using the iPad App Air Display with LR4. http://avatron.com/apps/air-display The app is a round $10. You need a wi fi network to make it work. Joe Brady from Sekonic has a video on it and how to set it up. It worked perfectly the few times I have used it. Tether Tool is marketing a new system called Cam Ranger which goes direct from camera to iPad. It's expensive but I've seen some good reviews. http://www.shop.tethertools.com/CamRanger-Wireless-Tethering-System-CR1001.htm

Good luck. gray

Mar 20, 2013 at 01:46 AM
a123
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Teathered + Lightroom 4 + iPad + Client ......how?

Couldn't you tether to your laptop with a cable, then use the eye-fi card to transfer to your iPad? That should work.

Mar 21, 2013 at 05:58 AM
iamcdn
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Teathered + Lightroom 4 + iPad + Client ......how?

solution with the least equipment:
eye-fi card set to ad-hoc network.

set camera to shoot to 2 cards, your High Res on one, and Low Res to eyefi card.

turn on camera, take one photo, go to ipad, choose the eyefi card from wifi network, use the eyefi app on ipad or there is a couple others out there.

I have personally done this one, but I didn't like it all that much. Using an Airport Express is a better choice for the networking side than the eyefi internal ad-hoc.

Eyefi software running on the iPad will grad the photos and display them in near real time.

Mar 21, 2013 at 04:41 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password