Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3       end
  

Archive 2013 · A City Vulture---Colour version added
  
 
Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


gregfountain wrote:
Excellent shot Ray!

G


Thanks Greg, I appreciate that.

Cheers Ray



Mar 18, 2013 at 08:21 PM
eric1
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


wonderful mood you've created here. very dark (the mood that is), and all vulture like. movie-esque. well done.

eric



Mar 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


eric1 wrote:
wonderful mood you've created here. very dark (the mood that is), and all vulture like. movie-esque. well done.

eric


Thank you Eric.

Cheers Ray



Mar 19, 2013 at 10:38 PM
AndrewThomas
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


Great image Ray...and the processing is spot on
cheers Andrew



Mar 20, 2013 at 07:09 AM
Charlie Shugart
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


This is a WOW! image for sure, Ray.
Wonderful spotting, photography and processing.
Even in B&W the shades of the differently-colored feathers are striking.
And how did you get this close without the bird at least turning to watch you?
I agree- this shot should be shopped around- it is truly awesome!
Is there a color version I can look at?
Charlie



Mar 20, 2013 at 09:05 PM
Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


AndrewThomas wrote:
Great image Ray...and the processing is spot on
cheers Andrew


Thanks Andrew. much appreciated.

Cheers Ray



Mar 20, 2013 at 09:35 PM
Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


Charlie Shugart wrote:
This is a WOW! image for sure, Ray.
Wonderful spotting, photography and processing.
Even in B&W the shades of the differently-colored feathers are striking.
And how did you get this close without the bird at least turning to watch you?
I agree- this shot should be shopped around- it is truly awesome!
Is there a color version I can look at?
Charlie


Thanks Charlie, It was a show of large predatory birds put on by the zoo.

Here is a colour version.

Cheers Ray








Mar 20, 2013 at 09:38 PM
Weasel_Loader
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


The B&W conversion really brings out the shine on his/her feathers. Love the photo. If you don't mind me asking, what camera/lens did you use?


Mar 31, 2013 at 03:24 PM
Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


Weasel_Loader wrote:
The B&W conversion really brings out the shine on his/her feathers. Love the photo. If you don't mind me asking, what camera/lens did you use?


Thanks Weasel, I appreciate your kind comments. I posted the colour version for Charlie to see. The camera was a Canon 5Dmk11 with the 70-300L.

Cheers Ray



Mar 31, 2013 at 10:00 PM
denovo2k1
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


The detail in this BnW is awesome!
Thanks for sharing!



Apr 02, 2013 at 03:33 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


denovo2k1 wrote:
The detail in this BnW is awesome!
Thanks for sharing!


Thank you for your kind comments.

Cheers Ray



Apr 03, 2013 at 08:39 PM
lazlo369
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


Incredible shot, the details are just amazing Ray


Apr 04, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


lazlo369 wrote:
Incredible shot, the details are just amazing Ray


Thank you very much Lazlo, much appreciated.

Cheers Ray



Apr 05, 2013 at 09:37 PM
Lance B
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


Lovely shot, Ray.

I am a little confused as to what a vulture is doing around Sydney Harbour unless it is part of Taronga Zoo bird display.



Apr 06, 2013 at 04:30 AM
airfrogusmc
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


B&W all the way for me Ray. Great tones. Nicely seen and captured.


Apr 06, 2013 at 02:22 PM
Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


Lance B wrote:
Lovely shot, Ray.

I am a little confused as to what a vulture is doing around Sydney Harbour unless it is part of Taronga Zoo bird display.


Thanks Lance, it was indeed the free flying large bird show at the zoo, an amazing thing to see.

Cheers Ray



Apr 06, 2013 at 09:09 PM
Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


airfrogusmc wrote:
B&W all the way for me Ray. Great tones. Nicely seen and captured.


Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Cheers Ray



Apr 06, 2013 at 09:13 PM
djon7
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


Beautiful. Nuff said.


Apr 07, 2013 at 06:59 PM
Dougo
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


djon7 wrote:
Beautiful. Nuff said.


Thank you

Cheers Ray



Apr 08, 2013 at 11:20 AM
jusjee
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · A City Vulture---Colour version added


Wow. You really nailed the post processing. Care to share a little bit of your workflow?


Apr 09, 2013 at 05:20 PM
1      
2
       3       end




FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password