Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Opinions on who should leave feedback first

Weasel_Loader
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Opinions on who should leave feedback first

Just wanted some opinions on the feedback process. I've always felt that feedback should be given to the buyer when payment is received. If item was accurately described and shipped promptly, then there should be no worry about the buyer leaving negative feedback. I've carried this procedure since buying/selling on ebay since 1998 and used it here.

It seems these days, most sellers are reluctant to give feedback until buyer submits theirs first. Some may say the deal isn't complete until the buyer is satisfied. I would think that when the buyer pays for the item, his/her part of the deal is complete and feedback should be given based on prompt and proper payment. I find it kind of odd that a seller will ask me (buyer) to give feedback when the item arrives and then they will do the same. Odd, in that I've already done my part of the deal.

I feel that if you are completely honest with items you sell and do not try to hide any minor imperfections or issues, then there is nothing to fear with a buyer leaving negative feedback. I've had nothing but great luck here on FM and this is my primary place to buy/sell photog equipment. Ebay of course is another story.

Any opinions on the process?

Mar 12, 2013 at 05:14 AM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #2 · Opinions on who should leave feedback first

Personally, I don't think buyer should just get a positive feedback right after they pay. To me, a feedback will be left after the transaction is completed. Complete doesn't mean it is for buyer after payment. I find that it's possible something could go wrong before buyer receives the item. And it's how the buyer handles it when something bad happens that tell how good a buyer is. Just FYI, for a few times, I have met buyers on eBay who just tried to get some money back just to get the item cheaper.

On FM, it's not like eBay in the old days--one of the parties can leave a retaliation feedback after receiving one. Here, you can remove or modify feedback anytime you want.

So, I leave a feedback when I feel the transaction is completed. I leave one and hope the other party will leave a good one for me.

Mar 12, 2013 at 05:44 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · Opinions on who should leave feedback first

As a seller, I always leave feedback after receiving payment. Dispute resolution is the way to fix problems that might occur afterwards. I'm at 159 (100% positive) as a seller on eBay.

As a buyer, I leave feedback after receiving and testing the item. I'm at 505 (100% positive) as a buyer on eBay.

Mar 12, 2013 at 01:38 PM
borderlight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Opinions on who should leave feedback first

I've always felt that feedback should be given to the buyer when payment is received.

What's the rush? I can't think of any customer satisfaction surveys completed at the time payment is received. Some Amazon vendors ask for feedback days to weeks later.... and it's optional. For my 55 "GREAT" responses I probably did at least 10 more from people who were equally satisfied but didn't leave feedback. By not putting pressure on a buyer to leave feedback at any point of the sale is part of being a good seller. IMO, positive feedback responses beyond, let's say, 15-20 on FM is not necessary, but fine if you get it without getting bent out of shape if you don't.

Mar 12, 2013 at 02:08 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Opinions on who should leave feedback first

I leave feedback after the part was received. Whether I'm buying or selling, when I consider the transaction 'closed'

Mar 12, 2013 at 03:00 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · Opinions on who should leave feedback first

It really doesn't matter (sayin' this after 400+) who does what, when. As long as both parties leave some, we all win.

Mar 12, 2013 at 06:12 PM
mpix345
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Opinions on who should leave feedback first

It doesn't make much sense to me to leave feedback for buyer upon payment. As others have said, the transaction is not complete at that point.

And just because you list something with complete honesty doesn't mean that a buyer won't flake out for any number of reasons and become problematic. Hasn't happened to me, but the stories are all over the intrawebs.

Mar 12, 2013 at 06:34 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password