Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Lytro Review

thierryl
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Lytro Review

Just curious if any of you own a Lytro camera. I would like to know a review from an actual photographer and not just the usual Lytro Review I see over and over. It seems like a pretty cool camera to play around with. I think it may be worth picking up. Do you guys, who do have one, have any sample images?

Thanks in advance!

Mar 12, 2013 at 03:42 AM
borderlight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Lytro Review

There are plenty of reviews besides the one you linked. The concept of focusing after the photo is taken is promising if you can adjust to (see) the dim viewing screen about the size of two thumbnails and a camera with a extremely small chip. It's my understanding that you have to upload your pictures to the Lytro site, or they may be distributed to social media sites. The whole process seems kind of counter-intuitive for a photographer, and a trendy, keychain gimmick for the masses. I think the camera will have to further evolve to become a option to a P&S or cell phone camera.

Mar 12, 2013 at 02:38 PM
Taoguy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Lytro Review

I have one, the uploading of the pics as borderlight stated it's counter-intuitive for a photographer, major drawbacks. Waste of money IMO, might become one of those items that will have some value in 50 years as there will very few out there but if you shoot today, there are many P&S's that are a better investment.

After two weeks of playing with it I gave it to my son that writes software, he likes these trendy flashes and he faired no longer than I. Too restrictive, poor IQ and way too much $$ for what you get.

Mar 14, 2013 at 01:05 AM
Mickey
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Lytro Review

My school bought one and I wound up with it to try out. I agree with above assessment. How hard is it to decide what you want to focus on when taking a picture? Just a gimmick. Nothing any serious photographer is going to be interested in.

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password