Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · LR Leyword Importation

eric hagemann
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LR Leyword Importation

I am freshening up my keywords in LR. I noticed that I have several -- a whole bunch actually - that I consider pollution that I have traced back to some images I bought off a stock site. Looks like they were added to my keyword list when I imported those photos into my catalog.

I cannot seem to find an option in the preferences to _not_ add keyworks to my list on photos I import from other sources ? Am I missing something ?

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:42 AM
ventieldopje

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LR Leyword Importation

You can apply those settings in the "Apply during import" section in the import screen using the "Metadata" setting. Just create a profile there and make sure you check the "keywords" option and leave it blank.

Haven't tested myself but I'm pretty confident this should do the trick!

Another thing you perhaps know already is you can purge your unused keywords quite easily by going to "Metadata -> Purge unused keywords" in the menu bar of LR.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM
eric hagemann
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LR Leyword Importation

thanks -- I'll look for that. The purge unsed option does not work -- since they are, in fact, used -- at least in one picture argh

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:24 PM
ventieldopje

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · LR Leyword Importation

The metadata filter ('\' key in library view) might help in that case to find the picture that causes the trouble!

Good luck!

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:47 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password