FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Patagonia - Part 4

TheWengler
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Patagonia - Part 4

Finally finishing up this Patagonia series. 3 Fitz Roy's and a chunk of ice. Thank you very much for looking. C&C appreciated!

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

1. Taken from Laguna de Los Tres, but it was frozen and snowed over so it's not included in this composition.

Fitz Roy by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr

2. Taken from Laguna Capri around midday along our hike back to town. I wanted to camp here one night so I could shoot a sunrise, but I ended up running out of time.

Laguna Capri by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr

3. Laguna Sucia on our last morning in Patagonia. These ice chunks were all jammed up on the far side of the lake when I made the hike out here several days earlier. From Laguna de los Tres you get a good birds eye view of Laguna Sucia. On our second to last morning (shot 1) I looked down to Laguna Sucia to see the ice had broken up. I decided to spend one more morning in the area rather than travel to see Perito Moreno Glacier. Luckily we had another clear morning. As we found out it's a not so common thing.

Laguna Sucia by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr

4. An ice chunk on a foggy morning at Laguna Torre. One of many mornings where the best peaks were obstructed by clouds, but I tried to make the most of it.

Laguna Torre by Lukas Wenger Photography, on Flickr

Mar 08, 2013 at 08:39 PM
malaholic
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Patagonia - Part 4

Beautiful! # 3 is my favorite of the set, though I also find the shape of the iceberg in #4 very compelling. Looks like you got pretty lucky with the weather - I can agree from experience that's not such a common thing- I think over 5 days in the El Chalten area I saw about 4 hours total where it wasn't pouring rain. Only saw Fitz Roy once and still haven't seen Cerro Torre - unless you count seeing it from the airplane on the day we were flying home which of course was finally clear! But I digress...these are awesome and I'm off to look at your parts 1-3 now!

Mar 08, 2013 at 09:20 PM
Twisties
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Patagonia - Part 4

3,2,1 for me. They just keep getting better as you go.

Mar 08, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Patagonia - Part 4

1, 3,2,4 in order here. This is a fantastic place that is on my list to visit. Thanks for making me jeoulous. Scott

Mar 08, 2013 at 11:37 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Patagonia - Part 4

nice set

Mar 09, 2013 at 06:26 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Patagonia - Part 4

Beautiful set.
Douglas

Mar 09, 2013 at 08:51 AM
LandPirate
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Patagonia - Part 4

All are very nice. I like #2.

Mar 09, 2013 at 08:55 AM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Patagonia - Part 4

Terrific shots, every one!
David

Mar 09, 2013 at 12:24 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.