Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Need help deciding on 2nd camera for Weddings.

agelessphotog
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Need help deciding on 2nd camera for Weddings.

I see KEH offers standard 6 month warranty on used cameras. Not bad at all for used. I am looking at the D3. I don't know if any of you guys could answer this or not. But if something did go out on it in like 2-3 years would I be able to get it repaired and parts? considering it's a older Camera. Also what would like a typical cost of repair be for something like that? Like if the shutter or LCD went out?

Also i'm guessing KEH won't tell you how many photos were taken with the camera.

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:31 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · Need help deciding on 2nd camera for Weddings.

agelessphotog wrote:
i'm guessing KEH won't tell you how many photos were taken with the camera.

That is correct.

Mar 15, 2013 at 02:37 AM
Two23
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · Need help deciding on 2nd camera for Weddings.

agelessphotog wrote:
I see KEH offers standard 6 month warranty on used cameras. Not bad at all for used. I am looking at the D3. I don't know if any of you guys could answer this or not. But if something did go out on it in like 2-3 years would I be able to get it repaired and parts? considering it's a older Camera. Also what would like a typical cost of repair be for something like that? Like if the shutter or LCD went out?

Nikon USA has really gone nuts with repair costs the past couple of years. I think I read somewhere that parts will be available for something like 12 years after d/c on Nikon pro gear. Now here's the kicker. Nikon won't even work on something that they didn't import. If you buy a gray market D3 from KEH and it eventually breaks, you can't send it to Nikon U.S. to fix. (APS in Chicago? I don't know.) It's something to keep in mind. KEH is a solid place to buy from and they will tell you the truth.

Kent in SD

Mar 15, 2013 at 03:29 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password