Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · CamRanger issue

slay12345

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · CamRanger issue

Is else anyone using the CamRanger wireless remote connector?

I was working with a fellow photographer earlier in the week and we had major issues on a commercial shoot with the device losing connection with the iPad we were controlling it with.

We started rebooted everything to reconnect, but continued to have issues.
We tried switched batteries in the CamRanger.unit and camera.
Thinking it was a connection issue, we switched cables from the CamRanger to the camera twice to no avail.
Then we switched the d800 out for a d600 and still had issues.

I'll point out that once the rig was set up, it was not touched or bumped. All all shooting was done in a timely manner so nothing was going to 'sleep mode' if that even exists on the unit.

We limped through the rest of the shoot in frustration.

All of our weeks of testing prior to shooting was flawless.

Has anyone else had any issues like this?

Mar 07, 2013 at 09:06 PM
Davideo

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · CamRanger issue

This is Dave, the CamRanger developer. Please shoot me an email at support at camranger.com and I can help you diagnose. This is definitely unusual as you even indicate had flawless performance previously.

Mar 08, 2013 at 02:27 AM
slay12345

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · CamRanger issue

Thanks Dave, I def wanted to see if there were any common issues anyone else was having before contacting your company directly.

PM coming

Mar 08, 2013 at 01:37 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Mpistonephoto

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · CamRanger issue

Was there another wifi ap in range that the iPad knew about? I have seen weird apple issues where it falls back to another AP for no reason. CamRanger requires you connect to the Camranger networking and if the iPad is getting squirrely it could cause hell.

No problems at all on this end. And Dave/Melissa have both been great in support and answering questions..

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:39 AM
jagsiva
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · CamRanger issue

Been using for two weeks now with 3 different D800's and had no issues. Sometimes I need to enter the WIFI password again into the iPad, but that's about it.

Mar 26, 2013 at 01:48 AM
slay12345

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · CamRanger issue

Thanks for the insight all.
Yes Dave was very helpful in our communications off the site. We concluded that it was environmental interference issues. There were some crazy things happening throughout the newly constructed building ie the pocketwizards would consistently trigger the strobes when we passed through certain doorways.

We tried again at home, then on two more commercial shoots with no issues. It is a good idea to keep a "Plan B" in your gear bag if something like this happens to you especially working wireless and or with newer technology.

Mar 26, 2013 at 01:31 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password