Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Scotland

DennisC8723

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Scotland

Hey everybody. I'm new to this forum. I'm currently a pharmacy student, but with photography as my hobby. I'm about to travel to Scotland (Highlands) for four weeks for one of my pharmacy rotation. Are there any suggestions or recommendations of places to visit and photograph? Thanks!

Mar 06, 2013 at 02:50 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Scotland

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to FM.

You'll love the whole experience in Scotland. Don't forget to visit Urquhart Castle on beautiful Loch Ness. You might even be very lucky and get a photo of Nessie.

Cheers, Jim

Mar 06, 2013 at 01:45 PM
rmorrell

p.1 #3 · Scotland

Dennis,

Make sure you stop in the Glen Etive, lots of various waterfalls to shoot. Also you have the famous Rannoch Moor, and anything around the town of Glencoe on A82. Just west of the town of Glencoe, about 5-10 miles, is a popular castle that is on an island in one of the Loch's. If you have the time shoot up to the Isle of Sky, lots of stuff to shoot up there. The only difficult part of your trip may be lighting, as the days are becoming longer and longer so getting up for sunrise shots can be a bugger. Also if you want you can drive east to Aberdeen and just north of that town, in Cruden Bay off of A975 is the famous castle that gave Braham Stoker his inspiration for dracula. Hope that gives you some insight, just beware of the Haggis and Blood Pudding.

Russ

Mar 07, 2013 at 12:22 AM
DennisC8723

p.1 #4 · Scotland

Thanks for the suggestions so far! I will be sure to try to visit those places! Maybe I will be lucky enough to capture a picture of Nessie, haha.

Mar 07, 2013 at 02:24 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Scotland

Hi Russ,

Welcome to FM.

Two "Welcomes" in the first three posts - has to be a record. Maybe it's a charm. I suspect an Irish person would know.

Anyway, welcome to you both, Dennis and Russ.

Cheers, Jim

Mar 07, 2013 at 05:13 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password