Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Qflash and Canon

Michael White
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Qflash and Canon

I've normally use the Pocket Wizard Flex for my off camera triggers for my speedlites now I've bought a Qflash and wonder if it will work with the flex like the canons or if I have to buy their system and use both. I know this could be answered by the PW folks but I was here and figure someone has tried it. I normally use the mini and AC3 on camera.

Mar 05, 2013 at 02:07 PM
Jim Cowsert
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Qflash and Canon

Depends on which Qflash you have and then only in Manual mode...you lose all wireless ttl, and power adjustments. I know the T5D-r has a radio jack on the side to trigger, but Trio's don't. I haven't tried a hot shoe adapter with a mini but it may work and at least fire the Trio. Either way you will need a PW receiver.
PW and Quantum speak a totally different language...

Mar 06, 2013 at 04:20 AM
Michael White
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Qflash and Canon

Yeah I know I would need a PWs radio I was hope with the Ettl for the t5dr and a flex on the receiving end that a mini and ac3 would work in either auto or manual or both and be able to adjust in manual like a 580

Mar 07, 2013 at 03:11 PM
ukphotographer
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Qflash and Canon

Jim Cowsert wrote:
I know the T5D-r has a radio jack on the side to trigger, but Trio's don't.

Don't stick a sync cable in there - its for an earphone so you can hear the recycle beep without causing annoyance.

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:03 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ukphotographer
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Qflash and Canon

Michael White wrote:
...now I've bought a Qflash and wonder if it will work with the flex like the canons or if I have to buy their system and use both.

Some say it works, but you will need to use a D adapter on your T5d-R to connect to the PW. It would also depend on your camera/PW firmware. I tried this with Nikon and PW's and all I got was a continual pop, pop, pop.... Those that say they get it to work are cagey in their details.

Optical works with Qnexus, Quantum radio works too.

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:10 PM
Jim Cowsert
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Qflash and Canon

Whoops...meant to say "twin blade sync socket"

ukphotographer wrote:
Don't stick a sync cable in there - its for an earphone so you can hear the recycle beep without causing annoyance.

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:13 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Qflash and Canon

Michael White wrote:
...I've bought a Qflash and wonder if it will work with the flex like the canons or if I have to buy their system and use both.

One "unified" option would be to use Quantum's FreeXwire radio system, and use a FreeXwire receiver with an FW6C QLink to control the Canon Speedlites. It's not an inexpensive solution, but it would allow everything to be used together.

Mar 07, 2013 at 08:30 PM
Michael White
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Qflash and Canon

Well I'm committed to the pocket wizard radios. I call and asked them to add a quantum module to the to do list. I've tried another Ettl flash with the flex it fired but full power regardless of the ac3 settings for that channel. If I can get it to work in manual mode correctly with a flex as a receiver for it ill be happy even if I have to manual change the settings on the flash if there is a module in the pipe line.

Mar 08, 2013 at 05:15 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password