Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

Ylwstonegirl
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

Wow. Wonderful travelogue. Iceland just moved to #1 on my bucket list. Someday...

Kristine

Mar 06, 2013 at 04:21 PM
Michael_Paris

p.2 #2 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

Thank you so much for your feedbacks.

I always try to do my best to offer the best that I can, the best photos, the best story, the best presentation, even the best translation (by a professional translator).

Don't forget that you can leave a message on "the wall" at the bottom of the page, I really enjoy having some comments from all over the world on INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER.

What I also find amazing is having you reading my stories years after years, telling me that sometimes my work has an influence in their own trip, or might help them planning it with my map, guide and stories (the 2009 travelogues had a huge amount of readers, specially from this forum).

That was my goal when I decided to translate it in english: being able to share it with all of you (and not only with french speaking people).

Thanks again really, your comments today are my reward.

Michael.

Edited on Mar 07, 2013 at 06:50 PM · View previous versions

Mar 06, 2013 at 09:23 PM
Hardcore
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

What a great set! Love the shot of your son Andy looking out the back of the vehicle at the waterfall. Such great depth and clarity in all your images. Would love a lesson!

Thanks for sharing!

Mar 06, 2013 at 10:05 PM
BoneCounter

p.2 #4 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

Great set, thanks for sharing! I recently ordered a copy of your Iceland map and ebook to have with me during 9 weeks of field work this summer. Came home today to find the map in my mailbox! Can't wait to put it to use.

Mar 07, 2013 at 01:15 AM
Bryan Mordt
• •
p.2 #5 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

Very, very well done Michael!

Mar 07, 2013 at 07:37 PM
mikejl29
• •
p.2 #6 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

Great blog post Michael. Definitely going to buy your e-book.

You specified bodies in your initial post, just wondering if you could specify some lenses that were most used on this trip? Couldn't find any exif on the blog post images so thought I would ask.

Mar 07, 2013 at 09:46 PM
Michael_Paris

p.2 #7 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

You will find some informations at the bottom of the page:

- a map that spots some locations where the photos were made
- the camera and lens I used for each photo

Hope that it helps!

I'm packing my gear now to go back in Iceland on monday.

My first winter time there , in the quest for northern lights...

I will stay my first week in the north (lake Myvatn area), then along the south coast.

Hope to bring you back some good images...

Michael.

Mar 08, 2013 at 09:02 PM
Michael_Paris

p.2 #8 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

I'm leading a photographic workshop in Iceland right now. Coming back from Myvatn area for a week, and before heading to Jokulsarlon along the south coast, I posted a few photos on my FB page this morning.

We were very lucky to have fantastic northern light activity last night!

Sorry for the quality, no time for post-processing yet!

Cheers,

Michael.

Mar 18, 2013 at 01:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

voltaire
• • •
p.2 #9 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

These are amazing shots, the original and this latest one with the Northern Lights. Iceland is definitely on my bucket list although I might not have the luxury of spending 30 days. :-)

Thanks for sharing.

Mar 18, 2013 at 08:13 PM
dychui
• •
p.2 #10 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

Simply stunning. I invited my girlfriend to go through the photos with me and take a virtual vacation to Iceland . Thanks for giving us the option to see high res images.

Mar 19, 2013 at 01:07 AM
codroy
• •
p.2 #11 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

What a brilliant set of images. Felt like I was there myself.

Mar 19, 2013 at 04:42 AM
dkwlau

p.2 #12 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

Michael,

Thanks for sharing the fantastic photos. I am going to Iceland in June and will visit Latrabjarg.

What lens would you suggest? Your excellent Puffin photo was taken by a 70-200mm lens. Is it long enough? I have a 1.4X which can make it to 280mm, or I do need a longer lens?

I don't want to bring heavy stuff travelling half way round the world if not really necessary.

Many thanks for your comment.

Mar 24, 2013 at 01:17 PM
Michael_Paris

p.2 #13 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

I might also be in Latrabjarg in june.

My advice would be to come end of june / beginning of july. Last summer I was there 5th of july, it was perfect, we had a real sunset and the light was beautiful. I noticed that puffins were very late, mid-june I couldn't see any (on the south coast).

I used a 70-200 F4 IS as you noticed because it's my favourite travel lens. It's very sharp, versatile and light. You will see in Latrabjarg some big guns like 400 or 600 mm but I don't really see the use for it because you can approach the birds from very close, I even had to use my wide angle lens sometimes because I was too close!

You can try to photography them when they are flying, but believe me puffins are very, very fast in the air!

Hope this helps,

Michael, from Hotel Fron, Reykjavik.

Mar 24, 2013 at 04:43 PM
KatieInTexas
• • •
p.2 #14 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

I am still browsing your site - and probably will be for some time - but wanted to come back and say THANK YOU for the gratis art exhibit that I can now view on my computer at home with no shoes on.

I would pay big money to see this kinda stuff .... it's breathtaking. And your words make me feel like you are talking to ME. Wonderful site - wonderful stuff.

Back to the site now!

Mar 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM
MitchRusso

p.2 #15 · ICELAND: 30 DAYS in 60 IMAGES

Lovely images! I have made 4 trips to Iceland, our images are quite different even though many of them are made in the same place! Take a look at my Iceland gallery: www.LensTraveler18.com

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:42 AM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password