Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Mirrorless, and not looking like a badass ...

flash
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Mirrorless, and not looking like a badass ...

Fact
On photography forums - its not the camera, its the person using it! Ansel Adams can do it with any point and shoot! Said every photographer

On wedding/bride forums - WOW my photographer is so good that he came to my wedding with a pair of S95 - said from a bride NEVER!

But they also never got on a forum and say " My photographer turned up with a pair of D4's", either. They'll usually say, if your lucky, "the photos are beautiful, he/she made me feel so special" The guy who rushes across the room to comment on my huge 70-200 is not the person I'm trying to impress at a reception.

But I do agree strongly that how you appear to future clients during a reception is very important. I just think that dress and attitude trump camera gear every time to a certain extent. Someone dressed really sharp with an XPro1 versus a guy in black jeans witha Canon 1Dx. I know who'd get more respect from my clients. I just don't see how a client would even notice whether I have an E-M5 with a big flash on it over a D4 with a big flash on it.

Anyway. Ive just finished packing my 7kg (about 18lbs) (in total) of gear for todays wedding. I'll probably enjoy a drink with the 4 other brides we've photographed that we know will be there.

Mar 08, 2013 at 08:41 PM
form
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Mirrorless, and not looking like a badass ...

I would be the one trying to be very subtle, I would love for my cameras to be smaller and less readily identified as "oh you're a professional!" because it's actually very inconvenient to be marked that way in Vegas. Besides, I like being discreet and discrete at the same time.

Mar 08, 2013 at 10:08 PM
heikoM
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Mirrorless, and not looking like a badass ...

I think when it comes to "impression" it is more the size of the lens then the body. A D700 with a small prime (like 35/2.0 or 50/1.4) appear not much bigger in my hands than my M9. A 24-70 with hood is another story.

What is more disturbing than size is sound in my opinion. The clack of the Nikon is much worse then the clink of the Leica.

2 cents of mine (o:

heiko

Mar 09, 2013 at 10:10 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password