Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · model release with quotes?

satkinson

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · model release with quotes?

I'm currently doing a project that consists of me not only photographing certain subjects, but interviewing them and using their direct quotes. This will ultimately be turned into a book.

I'm having a difficult time finding a photographic release that also covers the use of quotes.

Any suggestions? Any experience with this?

Thanks.

Mar 02, 2013 at 01:15 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #2 · model release with quotes?

There are releases that include the spoken word and photo permission. If you can't find one you can compose it yourself. It is my understanding that as long as you credit your source and use brief direct quotes, you won't need a release. I would check out how writers deal with situations like this. My response is not the final word. You got to do your homework.

Mar 02, 2013 at 04:44 AM
satkinson

p.1 #3 · model release with quotes?

Thank you for the response. I have been reading and find a lot of conflicting "opinions". I modified one of my usual photo releases with a sentence covering quotes by the subject. just trying to make sure I have everything i need.
Still would feel better if there was a "standard form that has been used for years" type of form.

Mar 02, 2013 at 01:13 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #4 · model release with quotes?

I just found this model release that I used years ago. The basic wording was from a Kodak book. This is a short form release which is easier to sign. I made many 4X5" pads like this. I still think you should find out how a writer would handle a project like yours. Knowing the purpose of the book would help define what you actually need.

YOUR NAME --------------------- Project# ---------------------------------

Modeling - Performing - Narration Release

For value received and without further consideration, I hereby consent that all photographs taken of me and/or recordings made of my voice at ___________________ on _______________

by YOUR NAME, may be used by him and/or others with his consent for the purposes of illustration, advertising or publication in any manner.

SUBJECT (signature)____________________

Street___________ City __________ State____________ Zip ________

-------------------------If Subject is Under 21-------------------------

Guardian (signature)________________

Street______________ City______________ State___________ Zip

Date______________________

Mar 02, 2013 at 02:12 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password