Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Photo mailer recommendations

Geoff Brown
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photo mailer recommendations

Up to now, I've been making them. They look decent and are certainly functional, but they're nothing I'd call professional-looking.
I have samples on the way from a couple of suppliers. Thought I'd check in here to see what folks are using to ship un-matted/un-framed prints to clients. Thx

Mar 01, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Skarkowtsky
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photo mailer recommendations

I've been using MOO.

They output to a glossy, heavy stock, allow you to break up an order with multiple images (no minimum required for one image), total control of front and back design, have fast turn-around, and are committed to correcting details you aren't happy with.

So far, the colors have been spot-on. The images, overall, are toward the darker side, with a tad too much contrast for my taste, but I still feel confident sending them out to clients.

Cons:
No proofs prior to sending the job to the press
No corrections on their end, you have to re-submit the art after you adjust to your likeness (if you aren't pleased with initial run)

$1.00 a card, minimum order is 20

Mar 07, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Geoff Brown
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photo mailer recommendations

Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have been more clear with my question. I'm looking for shipping materials (i.e., rigid envelopes, boxes, etc) for shipping of prints. I received an envelope sample from one supplier. It was packed between two layers of cardboard and arrived bent...so I'm not too encouraged by that

Mar 08, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Skarkowtsky
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photo mailer recommendations

Oh, sorry. Haha

Have you checked ULINE? The inventory might appear more utilitarian but it will certainly safeguard your prints while in transit, and that's what matters most.

Mar 08, 2013 at 04:22 PM
Geoff Brown
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photo mailer recommendations

The sample envelope that arrived bent was from Uline I'll look at their site again and see what else they have.

Mar 08, 2013 at 06:29 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password