Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

CMB Photo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

We are writing to let you know that Mpix print prices are going up on average 5% - 8% depending on the specific product. Mpix has not increased prices on prints since they launched in 2003.

These changes are not yet live in your Zenfolio account, but we will be updating the prices on the website and in your account on Monday March 4, 2013. After March 4, please log in to your account and adjust your prices as needed.

Happy Friday to all!

M

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:26 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

CMB Photo wrote:
We are writing to let you know that Mpix print prices are going up on average 5% - 8% depending on the specific product. Mpix has not increased prices on prints since they launched in 2003.

These changes are not yet live in your Zenfolio account, but we will be updating the prices on the website and in your account on Monday March 4, 2013. After March 4, please log in to your account and adjust your prices as needed.

Happy Friday to all!

M

thanks for the heads up!

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:34 PM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

Got an email from them yesterday. Making reductions on my end...*sight*...

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:37 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

I just got this too. Kind of funny because I just raised my print prices in Jan. Trying to decide if I should lower them now or just leave them.

Mar 01, 2013 at 04:53 PM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

Well, I'm almost abandoned print sales. It's very low. So I lowered mine to make it as attractive as possible. There's a few clients that did ordered a 16x24 canvas. On 03/09 I'll have a Fam. shoot (multifamily) and they choose to have a session fee and then no disk - they will have to buy a product of their choice from my Zenfolio site. With this formula, I should be protect on each end. A product they choose + cover fee (less time for PP). Or disk, PP and ordering time but they take it to somewhere. There's also a good discount on large print orders obviously. I was glad to see brother of the groom being from out of town bough some prints from last wedd. we did. Because I also always mention this option for anyone who's out of town can easily order their fav. photos and have them shipped directly to them. Other than that, I saw a lot of Canvases made from our photos made from a client's disk (ordered at discount canvas places) And I can not blame them as we found a pretty decent canvas relater, sells canvases for a fracture of MPIX price.

Mar 01, 2013 at 05:05 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

I try hard to sell prints but I keep them quite inexpensive. My thought (and I'm sure many will disagree) is that I make my money on the session (wedding or portrait) and that print sales are a bonus. I explain to all clients that get a drive of images that you can get them anywhere but I highly recommend getting them from my site as my screen is calibrated to match the print lab. This allows me to guarantee the quality of the prints and products. I figure the more prints my clients buy the better because it is free advertising for me.

Mar 01, 2013 at 06:02 PM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

yeah...i agree...if you keep $ low you don't make $ (mark up) but it does represent you better when they take your disk to a box store and all excited but with bluish faces on their 20x24 print put it over the fire place.. Bottom line is that my zen price should be almost close to what they can print at... so...

Mar 01, 2013 at 06:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sic0048
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

CMB Photo wrote:
yeah...i agree...if you keep $ low you don't make $ (mark up) but it does represent you better when they take your disk to a box store and all excited but with bluish faces on their 20x24 print put it over the fire place.. Bottom line is that my zen price should be almost close to what they can print at... so...

It seems the photographers with the highest per sales average use in person selling via a TV or projector. This allows photographers to sell on the emotion rather than a cold, emotionless internet gallery.

If you are serious about sales, I would suggest that you look into this method. There is plenty of info out there on the web, I'll let you look at it and make your own decision.

Mar 04, 2013 at 07:34 PM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

sic0048 wrote:
It seems the photographers with the highest per sales average use in person selling via a TV or projector. This allows photographers to sell on the emotion rather than a cold, emotionless internet gallery.

If you are serious about sales, I would suggest that you look into this method. There is plenty of info out there on the web, I'll let you look at it and make your own decision.

I totally agree with that! (200% true in to that). At least, studio samples and face to face sales are a mast in all this.

Mar 04, 2013 at 07:40 PM
That Photog
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

Projector and TV work great if you have an office/meeting space. I don't and don't really want one. I'd love to be able to charge $150 for an 8x10 but the fact of the matter is I give print rights and digital files to my clients so they would laugh if I asked for that kind of money for prints. I think albums are where it is at so I am going to start pushing those. With albums my clients can feel like they are getting something other than crazy markup. They are getting design service and higher quality books then they might be able to find (snapfish, walmart...).

Mar 04, 2013 at 09:24 PM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

May be Zenfolio should step up and offer studio samples from their vendors.
Another thing, my client don't even want to mess with "my website", what they like instead is to have me order their products and either deliver it or at least have it ship to them. Or, they just buy stuff themselves. So, we're back to the circle.

Mar 04, 2013 at 09:29 PM
CMB Photo
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

Just got in email:
Professional Photographers of America and Zenfolio Join Forces
May 9, 2013By Press Release
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) May 08, 2013 – Professional Photographers of America (PPA) is teaming-up with Zenfolio to offer another perk to its members.

Zenfolio, part of the Art.com Inc. family of brands, is an all-in-one solution for photographers to display, share and sell their work online. Tens of thousands of photographers use Zenfolio every day to oversee the viewing experience on their websites.

Active in the photography community for more than 140 years, PPA understands well the need for its members to effectively market themselves and display their work. To assist its members in a frequent area of struggle, PPA sought the help of Zenfolioto offer PPA members an exclusive discount on a Zenfolio subscription.

PPA members that are new subscribers to Zenfolio will receive 25 percent off their first year’s subscription. Depending on the subscription level chosen, this could equal a savings of up to more than $60. For PPA members that are already subscribers, Zenfolio, is offering 20 percent off an upgrade to a higher subscription level.

May 09, 2013 at 03:08 PM
HubbardJA
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

If anyone happens to be thinking about signing up for Zenfolio, you can save 10% with the coupon code HZ9-HSH-T4R (doesn't expire either). You're welcome

May 09, 2013 at 03:54 PM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Zenfolio/Mpix (FYI)

When I signed up for a trial of Zenfolio they sent me a coupon for 25% off of my first year after a few days. I'd try that before using anyone's referral codes.

brad

May 09, 2013 at 04:34 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password