Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · How to go to next unread message in forum?

ggeinec

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to go to next unread message in forum?

Maybe I am being dense, but I can see no way here at the FM forums to open a thread and go right to the first message I have not yet read. Is it possible to go right to the first message I have not yet read or do I have to wade through all the ones I have already read and find it myself? Thanks!

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to go to next unread message in forum?

Maybe I am being dense, but I can see no way here at the FM forums to open a thread and go right to the first message I have not yet read.

This is the first one. Problem solved! .......

First of all, get yourself an avatar that are available in your (change) profile. It's easier to find yourself through a picture than to peruse all the input on a extended post. There are also page markers if a post extends past one page. You can write down the page number, 10th post down if, for instance, you have a complete mental meltdown.

Hmmm... Five posts over five years. Are you on FM enough for your question to be a worry?

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM
ggeinec

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to go to next unread message in forum?

Perhaps I was unclear. I'm not trying to find myself in the thread. I'm trying to find the next unread message in a thread that I have been following, like leaving a bookmark so I can resume there next time I open the thread.

As far as only five posts in five years, I am a quiet guy, a lurker. But I read a lot.

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to go to next unread message in forum?

FM doesn't have a on-site bookmark, most forums don't. Apple has a OS with a bookmark, and Windows OS probably has one too. I can just "add a page" to the Apple bookmark. Anyway, you can keep saving and deleting until the post trails off into the sunset, or you doze-off due to extreme boredom. On the misc. forum it usually dies by the fifth post, but it becomes more intensive if a scammer done you wrong and it's a compelling, sad story that cost you over $2000 and there's nowhere to go except here for sympathy.

BTW: I understood what you said the first time. Get a FREE avatar anyway. It's a great way to mark your territory.

Feb 27, 2013 at 04:38 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password