Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3              11       12       end
  

Archive 2013 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800
  
 
Wayne Willison
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


Nikon has had it in the "Shop" for focus issues since Feb 20-13. I called today, the 26th, and now they claim there is impact damage and that the new status is RE-ESTIMATE. The girl on the phone said the warranty will be voided because of the damage. She has requested they(the techs) take pictures of the damage and then she will forward those pics to my email. "If you don't here from me in a day or two, feel free to call back," she said.

I have no idea what she is talking about. That camera has never even been bumped and now the warranty will be voided?



Feb 26, 2013 at 09:21 PM
form
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


I think Nikon has gone off the deep end for customer service. This in itself is a big part of why I am planning to sell my Nikon setup and go back to Canon full time.


Feb 26, 2013 at 09:24 PM
snapsy
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


Nikon's behavior is quickly approaching the threshold of fraud.


Feb 26, 2013 at 09:26 PM
Hardcore
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


I thought that excuse was only used by Nikon Canada. I have had that same problem 2 times in a row with my d800. I also posted here last summer and there were 2-3 more people that also had nikon tell them their new cameras had impact damage. Another person contacted me a week ago and also said impact damage was the cause.

This is getting ridiculous. Like I said to Nikon Canada.

1. Either your cameras are coming out of factory with damage or out of spec.
2. Your trying to scam us
3. Your cameras are not built very well and normal use will bend mounts and cause screws to come popping out of the mirror assemblies.

I demand they show the impact damage and get the case escalated to a supervisor. I also take photos of all my gear before I send it in. I also keep track of all phone calls and document everything. I also tell them this to make sure they know I mean business if they can't provide me with the proper information.

Wish you luck. This is the first time I've heard Nikon U.S. doing this.



Feb 26, 2013 at 09:28 PM
huddy
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


Sheesh. Glad I don't own a D800 or D600. I hope my G lenses don't ever have issues during the warranty period either...


Feb 26, 2013 at 09:45 PM
mshi
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


Wayne Willison wrote:
Nikon has had it in the "Shop" for focus issues since Feb 20-13. I called today, the 26th, and now they claim there is impact damage and that the new status is RE-ESTIMATE. The girl on the phone said the warranty will be voided because of the damage. She has requested they(the techs) take pictures of the damage and then she will forward those pics to my email. "If you don't here from me in a day or two, feel free to call back," she said.

I have no idea what she is talking about. That camera has never even
...Show more

Are they setting themselves up for some type of class action?



Feb 26, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Wayne Willison
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


I'm hoping she's got my camera mixed up with someone else's. Will know more when they upgrade my status.


Feb 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Two23
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


snapsy wrote:
Nikon's behavior is quickly approaching the threshold of fraud.



I am very seriously considering driving up to Winnipeg to buy my next camera. Screw Nikon USA. No way I'm taking the gamble of buying anything really expensive from them.



Kent in SD



Feb 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM
fsiagian
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


That's too bad.


Feb 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM
M Lucca
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


Whoa. Easy there. Maybe the delivery person dropped it. Did you get shipping insurance?


Feb 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Wayne Willison
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


M Lucca wrote:
Whoa. Easy there. Maybe the delivery person dropped it. Did you get shipping insurance?


Sure did. Cost me over $60 to send it including the insurance. Wouldn't send a camera any other way.



Feb 26, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Betacamman
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


Wayne Willison wrote:
Sure did. Cost me over $60 to send it including the insurance. Wouldn't send a camera any other way.


Hopefully they kept the shipping box.



Feb 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Hardcore
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


Don't claim insurance on it unless you absolutely need to. Fight those liars. They are trying to scam you just like they tried to scam me and many others. If you didn't impact it, then tell them and fight it. Put the pressure on them to prove it. Ask for photos and a write up by one of their technicians explaining exactly how it was impacted. Then if they still won't do it, tell them you are going to get it send back without any work done and take it to a private repair shop to see if their story matches the private guys.

I'll bet you money they will warranty the d800 without any more questions. That is what I did.



Feb 26, 2013 at 11:25 PM
jim allison
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


I think the moto of this sad tail may be not to ever send anything to Mellvile. I believe there are several other warranty repair locations for Nikon. One is in Miami and another is in Chicago.It might be interesting to send a camera that was claimed to have impact damage to one of these
other places, to have said "dammage" repaired. It will take less time and cost you less money.



Feb 27, 2013 at 12:09 AM
James R
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


form wrote:
I think Nikon has gone off the deep end for customer service. This in itself is a big part of why I am planning to sell my Nikon setup and go back to Canon full time.


I thought you already went back to Canon.



Feb 27, 2013 at 12:42 AM
James R
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


Wayne Willison wrote:
I'm hoping she's got my camera mixed up with someone else's. Will know more when they upgrade my status.


I'd call her back and state rather emphatically that the camera has never suffered impact damage. A display of anger is not always a bad thing. I assume there was no visible damage to the camera's body. I certainly wouldn't wait for an email.



Feb 27, 2013 at 01:00 AM
EB-1
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


snapsy wrote:
Nikon's behavior is quickly approaching the threshold of fraud.


Time for class action?



Feb 27, 2013 at 01:02 AM
Andre Labonte
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


Hmmm... I'm not sure if it's the internet megaphone effect, but it seems there has been a lot of these "impact damage" complaints lately.


Feb 27, 2013 at 02:23 AM
snapsy
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


Andre Labonte wrote:
Hmmm... I'm not sure if it's the internet megaphone effect, but it seems there has been a lot of these "impact damage" complaints lately.


I just don't understand what Nikon is doing. It's like they're being willfully antagonistic to their customers. It pains me because I love their products. I think a class action is almost inevitable unless they turn things around quickly.



Feb 27, 2013 at 02:33 AM
James R
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Nikon says Impact Damage, D800


snapsy wrote:
I just don't understand what Nikon is doing. It's like they're being willfully antagonistic to their customers. It pains me because I love their products. I think a class action is almost inevitable unless they turn things around quickly.


What would this class action cover? The oil on the D600 sensor? Or, Nikon's poor customer service? Many have reported returning the camera due to the oil and many have sent it into Nikon for service. Not much of a class action suit IMO. I do believe their CS seems to be hitting bottom. I hope Nikon will turn that division over to a more innovative leader who will re-access every aspect of its operation. I wonder if it would be better to get these complaints off the web and into the hands of Nikon's upper management?



Feb 27, 2013 at 03:41 AM
1
       2       3              11       12       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       3              11       12       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password