Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Hi : ) !!! - Sometimes technology is on your side, other ...

burningheart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Hi : ) !!! - Sometimes technology is on your side, other times not - Some 12MP less and ...

Yes it is easier to mount the alt lenses on a Canon than a Nikon. If all you need is an adapter that fits on the existing mount you are better off than having to disassemble and put on a new mount. Once you get into the disassemble game there is always a risk no matter how large or small that the lens gets damaged.

For MP the same question might be asked of Phase One shooters that have an 80 MP. Yes the sensor is a different size. It really just boils down to the camera is just a tool to get an image. The higher MP cameras give the shooter more leeway in the editing phase, image details and printing enlargements.

More MP does not guarantee a better picture sometimes more detail is needed to make a composition look better and sometimes less.

When I shoot scenics I sometimes shoot the same scene with my 5D MKII and D800E using the same lens. Sometimes the Canon shot looks better, sometimes the Nikon. There is no golden rule that determines which is better. I shot large haybales at close range the extra details looked terrific on the Nikon, when I shot waterfalls with a long exposure for blurring the Canon looked way better.

It all comes back to technique, style, composition, lighting and good glass and not MP.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password