Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Rental Car Broken Into

Side1Cincy
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Rental Car Broken Into

I need some help from anyone who knows stuff about car rentals and insurance.

I rented a car yesterday in Cincinnati and didn't get the additional insurance. I drove to Detroit, parked the car and came back 10 minutes later to find that someone had broken the driver's back window. I called Detroit police, filled out a police report then called Hertz and took the car back to a Hertz rental to exchange it out for a new car. I filled out the incident form from Hertz.

Luckily I had majority of my camera gear with me. I had 2 iPods, a PSP, a 580EXII flash and a camera bag stolen.

How bad is Hertz going to overcharge me? I am going to report it to my insurance probably. Does MasterCard provide you any protection since I rented a car with MasterCard? Any advice would be appreciated. Has anyone dealt with this kind of situation?

Feb 24, 2013 at 07:16 PM
Eyeball
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Rental Car Broken Into

If you used your Mastercard for the rental, there is probably some coverage available from Mastercard - probably limited to the damage to the rental car. Here is the generic Mastercard coverage page with phone numbers for additional info:

http://www.mastercard.us/card-benefits.html

If you have automobile insurance, the fine print of the Mastercard agreement may or may not require that that be used first. That would be a good question for them.

I suspect you will need to look at your own automobile or home-owners policies for possible coverage of the stolen items.

Feb 24, 2013 at 08:57 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password