Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · 24mm Advice

morganb4
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 24mm Advice

stanj wrote:
I think those complaints are about the mk1 version; the mk2 is fantastic and blows the much famed 35L out of the water. It's just that the 35mm focal length is "safer" and thus more popular.

I got both. the 35 doesnt get used as much anymore since I got the 24 but only because I kind of realised I spent money on it but wasn't using it. Now I have remembered that the 35L is in my bag I want to start using it again.

Bothe stellar lenses however, I remember someone saying once that people buy lenses like this for their background rendering. This was certainly true in my case.

Feb 25, 2013 at 04:51 AM
mpedersen
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 24mm Advice

goosemang wrote:
i do a fair amount of low light people/life type shooting, where i basically open up the 28 and shoot it at like iso 6400 just to get things documented. i convert a lot of this to black and white, and the results are usually not meant to be admired in any lens performance sense. the lens is there to take the shot on the most basic level; it's not about capturing an optically excellent image.

a lot of the really low light shots i take i let things go to black all over the place, and just use whatever
...Show more

Events, shows, people, journalism, etc. etc..... I mean, that's not all I'll be using it for, the low-light question really referred to if getting the IS was a bad idea. But I do care about the optical quality as it's how I make money

At this point it just seems like I should save up until the MK2 is financially viable.

Feb 25, 2013 at 05:02 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password