Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Photoshop subscription or purchase?

M635_Guy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Photoshop subscription or purchase?

I think it makes a fair bit of sense for pros. I'm not sure sure I can justify the money as an enthusiast.

Mar 09, 2013 at 04:00 PM
frdjohns
• •
p.2 #2 · Photoshop subscription or purchase?

DanBrown wrote:
Photographer Scott Bourne offered his opinion on the Creative Cloud today in his blog.

After reading this I am convinced more than ever that the cloud is a bad idea (for me). Essentially, if I understand his argument, Adobe will allow me to use software installed on MY computer as long as I pay them for the privilege, at whatever price they decide to set. If at some time in the future, I decide I no longer want to continue making payments, I am left with nothing. In order to try to convince the majority of us to agree to this marketing model, Adobe will provide better service to those with subscriptions, by releasing updates faster for those who are up to date on their payments.

I almost get the feeling that some rough looking character is going to show up at my front door, making me an offer I can't refuse, or offering to sell me "protection".

I think I'll just stick with a paid license to use the software on my computer.

Mar 09, 2013 at 04:38 PM
sivrajbm
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · Photoshop subscription or purchase?

I like the purchase option, I am still on CS5 though, it still works

Mar 09, 2013 at 04:58 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · Photoshop subscription or purchase?

nikey wrote:
I thought there is no upgrade path from CS4 to CS6?

There was until December 31, 2012. Now you can only upgrade from one step back (CS5).

Mark

Mar 11, 2013 at 02:55 AM
john_edwards
• • •
p.2 #5 · Photoshop subscription or purchase?

I've reached the point where an update from CS5 would be pointless. I also don't trust the fine people who run the cloud (anybody's cloud). Free today is tomorrows money maker and if thats your only storage option guess who gets the short end of the stick down the road.

Mar 11, 2013 at 01:55 PM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password