Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · Canon Ef 200-400F4L IS Release Date

PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Canon Ef 200-400F4L IS Release Date

rscheffler wrote:
Well, they continue to manufacture high end gear such as the 1D series and the super-tele lenses. Obviously they want buyers for these products. While indications are many (maybe even most) of these buyers are well heeled amateurs, there are some pro segments that still benefit from such equipment, where a 5DIII or 6D won't cut it. Unfortunately, in certain photo markets the cost of the most suitable gear is increasing, as a percentage, well beyond the (percentage increase in) rates photographers are paid. If fewer in Canon's target market are able to outright buy the high end gear, then
...Show more

That is my point.....I believe that all of their current supertelephoto lenses are already priced for very low volume sales @ very high per unit profit, and that is wherte they probably wanna be. Therefore, they do not need to intervene with rebates, special offers and some such in order to increase those sales. As long as that lens line is selling in projected (low) numbers, for predetermined fixed price, and the line garners projected profits, they will just let it run as is.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Canon Ef 200-400F4L IS Release Date

I completely agree about prices already reflecting anticipated low sales volumes. From my limited exposure to venues where these lenses are popular, the Mark II versions are a very low proportion of the total Canon equipment base. But from the various corporate meetings I've covered, I can't recall any manager saying they're happy with the status quo or with lower sales. There is always a desire for more. And there are potential buyers who want or need the equipment, yet are 'on the bubble,' potentially squeezed out by the higher pricing, who could realize higher sales numbers for Canon. Why wouldn't Canon want those potential buyers to get what they want?

My point about Canon having to "find some creative options to help photographers" was not directed towards discounts or rebates. There are other solutions.

Feb 25, 2013 at 04:16 AM
CW100
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Canon Ef 200-400F4L IS Release Date

laytonp wrote:
Canon EF 200-400 F4 L IS, is expected to be released to Lens Rental Company by July 3 1http://www.borrowlenses.com/category/canon_super_tele

that elusive 200-400 disappeared again

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:26 AM
mitesh
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Canon Ef 200-400F4L IS Release Date

CW100 wrote:
that elusive 200-400 disappeared again

At the moment, it appears that their entire site is offline- not just the 200-400 page.

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password