Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Gossen Digipro F Meter

superblue
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Gossen Digipro F Meter

Hi Guys......

Hope you can help? I purchased a 2 head studio flash kit for home portraits etc & my set up camera wise is the 5D MK3, i also have a Gossen Digipro F, a great meter by all accounts but i can't seem to scroll to 1/200 in "t" mode on the lightmeter, being totally new to studio stuff I was wondering what anyone would recommend? Thanks

http://www.gossen-photo.de/pdf/ba_digipro_e.pdf

Martin

Feb 19, 2013 at 02:31 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Gossen Digipro F Meter

superblue wrote:
...i can't seem to scroll to 1/200 in "t" mode on the lightmeter, being totally new to studio stuff I was wondering what anyone would recommend?

I'm not familiar with that meter, but it may have only the "standard" shutter speeds like 1/60, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500 etc.

Using 1/250 on the meter would be close enough to the 1/200 sync speed of the camera for most measuring purposes, I would think, since it's mainly for factoring in the continuous ambient contribution to the overall exposure.

Feb 20, 2013 at 04:48 AM
superblue
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Gossen Digipro F Meter

Hi Brian, you are correct sir, the Gossen only goes up in full stops, but I have been talking to a pro friend of mine & even at the 5d mkiii sync speed of 200 the camera struggles, so he's using 160. The sekonic 308s can be changed to do 1/3 & 1/2 stops :-)

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Gossen Digipro F Meter

superblue wrote:
...I have been talking to a pro friend of mine & even at the 5d mkiii sync speed of 200 the camera struggles, so he's using 160.

Yep; Canon even admits such in their documentation. 1/200 is reliable with Speedlites, but studio strobes -- and even Speedlites if they're being triggered with third-party radios -- sometimes won't sync at nearly that speed due to propogation delay and other issues.

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password