Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Adorama Customer Service

rockant
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Adorama Customer Service

Gunzorro wrote:
molson -- Sorry to hear your problem.

I rate Adorama equal to B&H, which means very highly, and high satisfaction on quite a few transactions. Those are my go-to sources for new gear.

I'm sure it will be worked out for you.

+2

Feb 18, 2013 at 07:11 PM
kwilliam8
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Adorama Customer Service

I've been a customer of Adorama for over five years. I have placed over 40 orders from them during that time. I have called their customer service department three times, once requesting an exchange on a lens. I have been treated exceedingly well.
Keith W.

Feb 18, 2013 at 07:29 PM
mguffin
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Adorama Customer Service

Adorama is a pleasure to deal with. Especially if there is a problem, they take care of it.

Feb 18, 2013 at 07:53 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Adorama Customer Service

RobertLynn wrote:
$100.00 says Helen gets it taken care of.

That is a no-brainer......many of us know that Helen can take care of any problem, as long as it doesn't spill over outside Adorama. Yet, on the face value of it, the subject problem appears simple to sort out, and it shouldn't require a troubleshooting heavy-weight like Helen to get involved with its resolution ?

Feb 18, 2013 at 08:09 PM
Helen Oster
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Adorama Customer Service

PetKal wrote:
That is a no-brainer......many of us know that Helen can take care of any problem, as long as it doesn't spill over outside Adorama. Yet, on the face value of it, the subject problem appears simple to sort out, and it shouldn't require a troubleshooting heavy-weight like Helen to get involved with its resolution ?

"Heavy-weight" You saw me scoffing my daughter's 16th birthday cake for breakfast!!!

re the OP; I have been in direct contact and updated him with what I have found so far. I would dearly have loved to have resolved this today but the person I need to talk to is out on vacation - but back in the office tomorrow.

BTW your comment about spilling over outside Adorama is right on the button, as the Canadian shipping option is a 3-stage process which depends on the courier, the broker AND FedEx not messing up.....

Mind you, we were (IMO) wrong in that nobody took the time to clarify any of what had gone on to the OP.....

Helen

Feb 18, 2013 at 08:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Adorama Customer Service

I recently started ordering from Adorama and, with three orders under my belt, it has been smooth. I even cancelled a backordered item and they removed it from the system the next business day. So a good experience so far. A decade or more ago I stopped ordering from them because they always held my order for 3 or 4 days, called me up and tried to upsell the order, thereby defeating my paying extra for 2nd day air. Apparently they stopped that silly practice and have shipped out very fast three times in a row, certainly besting the heck out of Amazon's slow-mo order system.

Feb 18, 2013 at 08:55 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Adorama Customer Service

I've purchased from Adorama; new and used, several times and each has been without issues, delivered as estimated, and on time...when items are delivered here to SoCal.

But when it comes to sending items from USA based suppliers to Canadian addresses, there is near always a prolonged shipping duration. Even as an Amazon 'Prime' member you will not get their famous 2-day shipping. One FedEx next day took 10 days...

I've a few friends up north, from VBC to PEI, and normal shipping, even when I box n send from home, seems to take a minimum of 2 weeks, sometimes it's three; customs is involved. There has been only one exception to this norm so far, and both PetKal and I were surprised the item arrived so quickly.

You just need be patient...between border transactions take time, even when you're close neighbors...dealings in Mexico are much the same.
Jerry

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Reckless

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Adorama Customer Service

Helen thanks for posting here and giving your company a human presence.
Thanks also for saying that things could have gone better, that honesty in customer service is a rare thing.

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Adorama Customer Service

StillFingerz wrote:
I've purchased from Adorama; new and used, several times and each has been without issues, delivered as estimated, and on time...when items are delivered here to SoCal.

But when it comes to sending items from USA based suppliers to Canadian addresses, there is near always a prolonged shipping duration. Even as an Amazon 'Prime' member you will not get their famous 2-day shipping. One FedEx next day took 10 days...

I've a few friends up north, from VBC to PEI, and normal shipping, even when I box n send from home, seems to take a minimum of 2 weeks, sometimes it's three;
...Show more

I've been dealing with B&H for many years, and their standard Canadian shipping option normally gets orders to me in about 3 days.

In this particular instance, it sounds like being patient would not have solved anything - I'm still not 100% clear on what exactly happened, but from what Helen told me, it sounds like my order got lost in the Adorama system; they thought FedEx had the package so presumably no one was really looking for it.

Fortunately, the advice everyone gave me to contact Helen was right on the money; once she got involved it only took her a few hours to answer the questions I had been asking for nearly two weeks.

Feb 22, 2013 at 04:54 PM
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password