Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              9      
       11              16       17       end

Archive 2013 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Gunzorro
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.10 #1 · p.10 #1 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

I hope we find out for sure. Still, a sad way to treat a piece of art.

If it was a brazen substitution, and not the same lens as the earlier (undamaged) photos, I'd certainly consider that criminal fraud.

Feb 18, 2013 at 07:34 PM
mpmendenhall
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.10 #2 · p.10 #2 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Monito wrote:
Another picture from earlier, posted by Gregory Rokalsky. Perhaps he did have two lenses and sold the beater, representing it fraudulently as the "mint" lens. But there are some very strange optical aspects of this picture that I can't figure out.

That's not a picture of two lenses side-by-side; it's a picture of a lens lying on top of a printed photo book image of the same lens (explaining "strange optical aspects" of the image, including the centerfold crease across one of the lenses).

Feb 18, 2013 at 07:44 PM
MS PHOTO
• • • •
p.10 #3 · p.10 #3 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

I'll be pissed, what lens did he take the photos of does not look like the same lens to me, What is Paypal doing about it??If you paid with a credit card can you stop payment??

Feb 18, 2013 at 07:53 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.10 #4 · p.10 #4 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

I would love to hear what Gregory has to say about this? But then again what can he say he screwed the buyer

Feb 18, 2013 at 08:13 PM
anscochrome
• •
p.10 #5 · p.10 #5 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

After reading this thread (condolences to the buyer) and related threads pertaining to the seller, one thing I can conclude is this-after looking at the seller's portfolio on smugmug, and photos posted on long threads within FM, owning every known piece of glass from six or more camera systems does not make one the next Bruce Davidson or John Sexton. Not even close

Feb 18, 2013 at 08:16 PM
tanglefoot47
• • • • • •
p.10 #6 · p.10 #6 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Love the feedback Dennis and love that you put this link in it

Feb 18, 2013 at 08:37 PM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.10 #7 · p.10 #7 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Man Dennis, sorry this happen to you Bud. You will get your money back and he will get his just rewards....

Feb 18, 2013 at 09:00 PM
mspencer1
• • •
p.10 #8 · p.10 #8 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Wow. I hope this works out for you and you get your money back.

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM
mak65

p.10 #9 · p.10 #9 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

jcolwell wrote:
Maybe the black dot fell off. Maybe they're different lenses. It doesn't matter. Dennis paid for a lens in [M-] to [LN] condition, and he got one in [UG] to [BGN] condition. IOW, he got ripped off!

Calling the credit card company is a great idea, and so is reporting this to Fred.

Jim I agree with you. I said it was fraud and Dennis shouldn't stop until he gets full restitution in an earlier post. I was just pointing out one difference in the mint versus used photos of the same area of the lens.

I can't prove it but the black dot appears to be a misplaced spot of paint when the markings were being placed (at least from one of the pictures). If it was paint it wouldn't just drop off - two different lens' in my opinion.

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.10 #10 · p.10 #10 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Hey mak, I figure they have to be different lenses, too. All that really counts is that Dennis gets his money back. This stinks!

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mak65

p.10 #11 · p.10 #11 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

jcolwell wrote:
Hey mak, I figure they have to be different lenses, too. All that really counts is that Dennis gets his money back. This stinks!

Amen! And, the sooner the better!

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM
stempsons
• •
p.10 #12 · p.10 #12 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

tanglefoot47 wrote:
I would love to hear what Gregory has to say about this? But then again what can he say he screwed the buyer

Well, all I can say is karma has it's place, and in this situation the seller will get his. I feel this site is the safest place to exchange high dollar camera items, and it makes me sick to see someone get screwed like this

Hope to see this workout for the OP.

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.10 #13 · p.10 #13 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

mak65 wrote:
If it was paint it wouldn't just drop off - two different lens' in my opinion.

The previous seller would have the serial number of the lens he sold to Gregory Rogalsky of Rogalsky Combatives. Dennis would have the serial number of the lens he bought from Gregory Rogalsky.

Do the serial numbers match?

Edited on Feb 19, 2013 at 05:58 PM · View previous versions

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM
dennisgibson
• • • •
p.10 #14 · p.10 #14 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Monito wrote:
The previous seller would have the serial number of the lens he sold to Gregory Rokalsky. Dennis would have the serial number of the lens he bought from Gregory Rokalsky.

Do the serial numbers match?

I'll see if the owner he bought it from can find the serial number and double check but I'm 99% sure it's the same lens. Maybe he practices his martial arts on it

Feb 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.10 #15 · p.10 #15 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

stempsons wrote:
Well, all I can say is karma has it's place, and in this situation the seller will get his. I feel this site is the safest place to exchange high dollar camera items, and it makes me sick to see someone get screwed like this

Hope to see this workout for the OP.

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM
ashley138
• • • •
p.10 #16 · p.10 #16 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

PetKal wrote:
Not good ......a fraudulent seller. He really needs to be booted off FM too.

+1

Mint is MINT, I don't care what he tries to say. I decided not to list a lens I sold as mint because it had a couple of tiny paint scratches on the tripod foot - and it was otherwise flawless - because MINT means it looks factory new! I really like to buy from folks who, when they post pictures of their gear - they'll post a couple shots that specifically point out "oh it has a scratch here" and when you see it its an unnoticeable scratch - but the seller went out of their way to point it out. It makes me feel like I'm buying from someone who's very honest.

I really hope you get your money back. I also tend to have a generally safe feeling about buying on FM, and it's going to really change my view if I see someone get seriously ripped off here (which you have), and then not be able to get their money back.

I know it's not Fred's responsibility to make sure you get your money back, but I would contact him anyways and see what he says. In the least I would hope he would boot this guy off FM or at least lock his account.

Please keep us updated, and I'm really hoping to hear soon that you got your money back!

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Access
• • •
p.10 #17 · p.10 #17 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

"I would love to hear what Gregory has to say about this? But then again what can he say he screwed the buyer"

Did you guys ever consider a hacked account or 'stolen' identity?

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Tri Tran
• • • • •
p.10 #18 · p.10 #18 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

so you mean someone else has a beater 200mm f1.8 decided to hack into his account to offload a beater 200mm f1.8? The buyer did call and talked to the guy on the phone.
If you look at nikonais shooting style, no surprise that his gear is all beat up.

Feb 18, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Access
• • •
p.10 #19 · p.10 #19 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

Just a thought, it's not as rare as people think.

It happens on ebay and other places, a 'friend'/roommate/etc. to takes a long vacation, is out of town for a period, or even dies, then they (typically someone who they trusted) assume his identity and uses it for a number of illicit activities. If the guy is going to come back, the fraudster makes sure to leave by then.

I doubt anyone would do it for the sole purpose of getting rid of a lens, but say the lens was stolen and there was other stuff going on too.

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.10 #20 · p.10 #20 · Bought a "mint" 200 1.8, he delivered a beater.

I just got back from a trip and didn't have a change to check this thread. I will start reading it now and take the appropriate action if necessary.
Best,
Fred

Feb 19, 2013 at 12:30 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password